New Hostage Crisis in Russia

30 dead SF? Damn, thats a shame. I think we can say with near certainty It was Spetznaz, I was listning to Russian news, and they called them "Specil Services", which IIRC, is what the common term is over there.

10 or 20 SF dead, yes it's bad, but they were doing their job..
30-40 terrorist dead, I wish it was 100-1000 times as many..

But about 500 dead civilians, about half of them children, that's the great tragedy here..

Get my point?.....

Heard on the news here now that it's clear that this was a very well planned terrorist action.
Several of the adult hostages were used to break up floors in the building to find hidden weapons and explosives.
The evidence points toward Sjamil Basajev as the "mastermind" behind the operation.
Basajev is also suspected to have planned the terrorist attack towards the theater in Moscow (2002).

You said It Redleg, worse yet, these assholes tortured the kids and mocked them the whole way through. Where are the Imans of the world, condeming this attack? When will the Islamic leadership of this world say enough is enough?

A released hostage said the children were being treated fairly not that it changes anything.

That was so sad. My mom told me about it after reading the newspaper. I thank God I live in America sometimes, not that other places are bad, I just like America. :D

does anyone know anyone of importance in Russia like a politican or Russian military, if you do pleae ask them, because there are like 25 different stories and death counts on the forum.

I don't think the Russians knows the exact number yet either..

The official death toll last night (sunday) were 338, but around 200 people are still unaccounted for.

Here's and interesting article from BBC.
One of the terrorists has been "interviewed" on TV:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3630128.stm

I'm afraid it's a bit late to be sorry now....

HE SAID HE WAS SORRY, YOU GOTTA BE JOKING.

look at one of the girl's funerals
_40038688_aline_b203_afp.jpg

11 YEARS OLD, SHE WAS 11 YEARS OLD, NOT TO MENTION THE OTHER 300 SOMETHING 8 YEAR OLDS HE KILLED AND THE RUSSIAN SOLDIERS THEY KILLED AND HE SAYS SORRY.

WHEN THE KILLERS COME FOR THE KIDS
By Ralph Peters
NY Post

September 4, 2004 -- THE mass murder of children revolts the human psyche. Herod sending his henchmen to massacre the infants of Bethlehem haunts the Gospels. Nothing in our time was crueler than what the Germans did to children during the Holocaust. Slaughtering the innocents violates a universal human taboo.

Or a nearly universal one. Those Muslims who preach Jihad against the West decided years ago that killing Jewish or Christian children is not only acceptable, but pleasing to their god when done by "martyrs."

It isn't politically correct to say this, of course. We're supposed to pretend that Islam is a "religion of peace." All right, then: It's time for Muslims to stand up for the once-noble, nearly lost traditions of their faith and condemn what Arab and Chechen terrorists and blasphemers did in the Russian town of Beslan.

If Muslim religious leaders around the world will not publicly condemn the taking of children as hostages and their subsequent slaughter — if those "men of faith" will not issue a condemnation without reservations or caveats — then no one need pretend any longer that all religions are equally sound and moral.

Islam has been a great and humane faith in the past. Now far too many of its adherents condone, actively or passively, the mass murder of school kids. Instead of condemnations of the Muslim "Jihadis" responsible for butchering more than 200 women and children in cold blood, we will hear spiteful counter-accusations about imaginary atrocities supposedly committed by Western militaries.

Well, the cold fact is that Western soldiers, whether Americans, Brits, Russians or Israelis, do not take hundreds of children hostage, then shoot them in cold blood while detonating bombs in their midst. The Muslim world can lie to itself, but we need lie no longer.

The tragedy in southern Russia occurred thousands of miles from the United States, but, in essence, that massacre happened next door. The parents, teachers and students kept for days without water or food in a sweltering school building before being butchered were our children, our sisters, our wives, our parents.

The mass hostage situation wasn't about Chechen rebels (and at least 10 Arabs) opposing the Russian government. It was a continuation of the universal struggle between good and evil. And there is no doubt which side is evil, scorned though the word may be by our own elite.

How can any human being with a shred of conscience dismiss what occurred in that school as anything less than evil?

The attack in Beslan wasn't about Russia's brutal incompetence in Chechnya — as counter-productive as Moscow's grim heavy-handedness may have been. It was about religious bigotry so profound that the believer can hold a gun to a child's head, pull the trigger and term the act "divine justice."

We will hear complaints that the Russian special forces should have waited — even after the terrorists began shooting children. Negotiations are the heroin of Westerners addicted to self-delusion. Who among us would have waited when he or she saw fleeing children cut down by automatic weapons? The urge to protect children is as primal as any impulse we ever feel.

Make no mistake: No blame attaches to the Russians for the massacre at that school. The guilt is entirely upon the Islamic extremists who have led the religion they claim to cherish into the realms of nightmare.

There will be repercussions. Having suffered the hijacking and destruction of two passenger jets, a deadly bombing at a Moscow subway station and a massacre in a primary school all in less than two weeks, the Kremlin will have learned to rue the day it imagined that there was anything to gain by opposing American efforts against terrorists, whether Osama bin Laden or Saddam Hussein.

As they inevitably do, the terrorists reminded the world of their heartless barbarism. Even if France manages to beg the release of its kidnapped journalists in Iraq, it has begun to sense its vulnerability. And all Europeans with a vestige of sense will recognize that the school seizure in Russia could easily repeat itself in Languedoc or Umbria, Bavaria or Kent.

An attack on children is an attack on all of humanity.

No matter what differences Western states discover to divide them, the terrorists will bring us together in the end. Their atrocities expose all wishful thinking for what it is.

A final thought: Did any of those protesters who came to Manhattan to denounce our liberation of 50 million Muslims stay an extra day to protest the massacre in Russia? Of course not.

The protesters no more care for dead Russian children than they care for dead Kurds or for the hundreds of thousands of Arabs that Saddam Hussein executed. Or for the ongoing Arab-Muslim slaughter of blacks in Sudan. Nothing's a crime to those protesters unless the deed was committed by America.

The butchery in Russia was a crime against humanity. In every respect. Was any war ever more necessary or just than the War on Terror?

And what will terror's apologists say when the killers come for their own children?

Ralph Peters is the author of "Beyond Terror: Strategy in a Changing World."

its payback for the tribal warfare that has been going on ever since russia invaded the caucasus in 1722

1877 60% of the chechen population aniahlated by tsarisrt russian forcesafter a revolt for there freedom fails

declare independance 1918

war restarts when stalin gains power till a truce in 1921 with the promise of autonomy.
that promise broken july31, 1937. 14000 chechens and nagushan tribesmen executed!
1944:- 400,000 chechens from a popualtion of 407,690 expelled to the siberian gulags. 30% die.
the rest were allowed home in 1957.
1994 russia invades and kills 100,000 more. by 1996 this attempt had cost the russians $5.5billion. most of chechnya was razed and 17 million land mines deployed.
after a few years of inderpendance the russians invade again in 1999!
100,000 russians held off by use gurilla tactics and other means till feb 2000when the capital grozney was captured by the russians.
gurilla war is still going on in which the assesians have been a part on russias side! they have provide armed millitias (lovely christians that they are and have from time to time mudered people just as what happened at the school only they haven't got the :cen: tv coverage!)
executions and rape have been reported by human right organisations that were carried out by both the russians and assesians/ chechans and naguhsans .

dont worry this will contiue. the chechens are fighting for what they reguard as there homeland. and the russians dont want them there or so it seems.

i know my spelling of the names has been bad but a friend of mine just died 2day so spelling aint all that important to me at the moment.
muslims and cristian alike have slaughtered innocents thru out history when it suited them. so you cant just say one is worse then the other as the new york article seems to suggest!

one promise from the chechans that has yet to be broken is as follows
"1818 the chechan leader of the time promised the tsar that as long as ONE chechan remained alive the russian occupiers would never experience PEACE"

this little saga wont be over for a long time yet by all reports.

Taken from the herald sun paper and various other news articles/ 6th sep 2004

I heard some interesting news on the radio this morning.

It's still unverified, but several of the SFs were shot in the back.
It looks like some (many) of the locals had brought their own guns outside the school and started to shot at it when the SF went in, and they may have hit several of the soldiers in the back...

Nice... :?

probably one of those bombs fell into the crowd.

story.russia.gym.5.jpg

terrorist rigging gym

story.russia.gym.1.jpg

a terrorist, looks like they were well equiped and he himself look big.

1238515.jpg

terrorist pointing at a device under hes foot that turns out to be a detonator for a bomb

1238542.jpg

1238543.jpg

probably a RPG-7V

1238547.jpg

a bomb tied to a basketball hoop

1238522.jpg

booby traps near hostages

1238575.jpg

this is why many people died from that bomb explosion

1238568.jpg

a terrorist

1238558.jpg

I just saw the footage from the school on the news here...
Not good...

The Russian security service have also offered $10,000,000 (300 million rubles) for information that may lead to the "neutralization" of the two terrorist leaders (Aslan Maskhadov and Shamil Basajev)
http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/09/08/russia.video.1145/index.html

The terrorist "leader" inside the school, known as "the colonel", did also kill three of his own inside.
One was shot because he failed to obey orders, and he set off the explosives that were strapped to to of the female terrorist to "frighten both the terrorists and hostages"....

Nice guy.. :?

Back