New here

Rollo

Alright everybody at-ease, carry on. I'm here now. :lol:

I'm an FNG to this forum. I played around in the Army from 2003 to 2009.

I came here looking for the origin of a quote about the Battle of Cannae. You can find my question in the "WHO SAID IT?" or whatever that category's name is. I saw some of the threads, looks like an interesting forum so I'll stick around.

I'm glad to see some Brits in here. I would like to take this opportunity to say CHEERS to them. :cheers: I totally fumbled my last interaction with British troops. I thought I'd take this chance to redeem myself.

Welcome!

I'm glad to see some Brits in here. I would like to take this opportunity to say CHEERS to them. :cheers: I totally fumbled my last interaction with British troops. I thought I'd take this chance to redeem myself.

So, how many Brits did you offend then? ;) :p

We need the full story before we decide if you can be redeemed! :-D :) ;)

You must have said something against our Sovereign, to have upset us Brits.
We will talk to anyone.......
Nearly everyone.
Anyway,welcome.:D

Welcome!

So, how many Brits did you offend then? ;) :p

We need the full story before we decide if you can be redeemed! :-D :) ;)

I don't think I offended them. Overseas I was greeted with Cheers, and this was the first time I had ever been greeted like that. I didn't know how to respond, I got tongue tied and ended up not saying anything. So they probably thought I was an *******.

A more entertaining story: ok this time was in the states and there were British troops who were being housed in barracks near our headquarters building. I worked in a security office. I was conducting a security interview with one of our soldiers (female) and we got to the topic of foreign contacts. She asked if the British guys staying in the building next door counted as foreign contacts. I said 'yes'. So then she goes on about all the guys that she had relations with (quite a few), so I also feel bad about not warning them about her. I hope I didn't enable an epidemic! :sorry:

Ah, so she was, as us Brits like to describe as, the "Battalion armoury" - everyone put their weapon in her. ;) :D Nowt wrong with a bit of welcoming. :D

I don't think I offended them. Overseas I was greeted with Cheers, and this was the first time I had ever been greeted like that. I didn't know how to respond, I got tongue tied and ended up not saying anything. So they probably thought I was an *******.

Probably did think that. We think that a lot about the yanks. ;) :p :D

A more entertaining story: ok this time was in the states and there were British troops who were being housed in barracks near our headquarters building. I worked in a security office. I was conducting a security interview with one of our soldiers (female) and we got to the topic of foreign contacts. She asked if the British guys staying in the building next door counted as foreign contacts. I said 'yes'. So then she goes on about all the guys that she had relations with (quite a few), so I also feel bad about not warning them about her. I hope I didn't enable an epidemic! :sorry:

I suspect the epidemic was passed to her, knowing the places our boy's stick their ends ;)

She sounded like a nice girl. Shame our paths never crossed. :D

Ok, mate... I can understand- the Brits- they can be a funny lot...

If you are embarrassed by their cheers- do like I do- give them a peck in the cheek (the upper one, please) like the Italians- they'll behave after that...

Back