New here, Help me out fellas?

c/CSM Henson T.

Hey guys, I am newly promoted to CSM, I understand its a big responsibility so I was wonderin if any of the high ups have any tips fer me? I am in Army JROTC, in Odessa Texas. Thanks guys and gals!

:cowb:

I am newly promoted to CSM, I understand its a big responsibility so I was wonderin if any of the high ups have any tips fer me?

Your Suboordinates are the best way to find out what your job is, and also try asking you AI/SAI. (or even ask the your predecessor)

Well what do you have for an SOP? if you even have one, but generally you could try to motivate the cadets with merits or demerits if they are not staying in line. If cadets are continuously out of line and being as you said "unruly" then you may consider talking to your Instuctor about demotions.

Yeah, our SOP(read it last night) says to report it to the BnC. I have already done that back when I was a c/Sgt and i saw no real changes. So that sounds like good advice, I might try that. I have talked to the instructors a bit about it but not really in detail yet. One of the instructors is a screw off honestly though.. and he has favorites which i disapprove of. I think that everyone should get a fair shot at anything in the program. Not jus the cadets who are buddy buddy with the AI.

No matter where you go there will always be cliques and a lot of people will not get the respect that they rightfully deserve, but it is a work in progress and they only way to get anywhere is to keep trying to make things right.

Back