New health care system

After years on Political Forums this is the 1st time anyone has tried "My sample is bigger than your sample" as a valid argument, except some surveys that used extremely small samples that could be easily nonrepresentative.

Years? Says here "July 2009"

Regardless, we seem to have gotten off the topic that some sort of public option is at least favored by 73% of 2000 doctors in the world... Certainly doctors deserve some credibility when it comes to health care of THEIR patients.

Regardless, we seem to have gotten off the topic that some sort of public option is at least favored by 73% of 2000 doctors in the world... Certainly doctors deserve some credibility when it comes to health care of THEIR patients.
73% of the 2000 of the 18% of US Doctors represented by the AMA. Being only 18% join, what kind of Doctors join the AMA? Are they Docs that might have a predisposition to joining big organizations & like big Govt? I don't know, but the survey I linked to was out of the whole range of doctors, even though it may have been a smaller total number, & got a radicaly different result, both in the favor/unfavor govt option & the suprising number threatening to quit practicing.

No idea.. Maybe there's a poll you could find.

Is this what you have quoted already? I note you mention the 73% figure but this is from a sample of US Doctors.

SEPTEMBER 15, 2009 10:19AM
Survey: 73% of Doctors Favor Public Option

A New England Journal of Medicine survey released yesterday reveals that 73 percent of doctors favor a public option as a component of health care reform. Sixty-three percent favored a public option as part of a public-private mix of insurance options, while another 10 percent favored a single-payer system.

The survey, based on a sample derived of a comprehensive database of all U.S. doctors, showed solid support for a public option that cut across geography, specialty, and the business models of the practitioners. In the ironic tidbit department, the database was obtained from the American Medical Association, which opposes the public option. The AMA represents barely a third of all doctors, yet speaks as if it represents the entire sector in opposing this element of reform.

http://open.salon.com/blog/steve_klingaman/2009/09/14/survey_73_of_doctors_favor_public_option

Back