New Halo Game, no not a shoot em up either

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
There is a new Halo Game, it is not the classic run and gun type deal either, totally new, if unless your freak over it like me, than you dont know the full story line, but if you have read all three halo Novels, then you will find that this story line may be just perfect for you, what ever it is. And once again no I am not talking about Halo 3,

So hello to halo wars!

http://www.halowars.com/i/s.gif

Just if your wondering, it is a RTS game.

I've read all the Halo books and both games, though I must say I enjoyed the first game much, much more.

This is not a surprising concept for me as Halo was originally meant to be a Mac RTS, but I hope the gameplay is good. It's going to take something extreme to knock Dawn of War off the throne of my hard drive.

I seen some posts on the first halo lovers affection for the first game being better, and it goes alittle like this,

(QUOTE)
For all you people out there that complain about Halo bieng the better game over Halo 2 , then your just a freakin' moron! Halo 1 was slow and dull, Halo 2 multiplayer was fast and intense ,and for all you people who complain and say "Halo is Better" The do this, drop your X box live connection and then take your a## back to hooking up you network cables cause if you complain, then its becuase the only person you can beat in the game is your blind cousin then thats your problem

Bungie Forums,

Thats how one member put it there, I never could find that post agian just had it saved to word pad, I cant track friends or Ingnore members there , since bungie forums is kinda crappy,

It looks interesting but i'm not sure how ensemble studios will handle it, they'er the same guys who make age of empires and i don't think they have the same experience for a fast paced rts. Imagine having to play a halo version of age of empires, that would be somewhat dull. Hopefully they'll center the game on action instead of development.

But how can you play a dynamic rts on the 260, the mouse is really the only way to go.

Actually, it's been announced that this game will also be released for PC. The original Halo said "Xbox Only" on the case as well, but it was released for PC later. Remember, PC running Windows = Microsoft platform.

Those morons on the Bungie forums have the honor of being some of the most immature retards I've ever encountered on the internet - and I've been around. Maybe it's just the age group. Some of us prefer the original Halo for its gameplay and storyline. Halo 2's faster-paced combat was not a good change for me, though I'll still tear those 12-year-olds up with the Battle Rifle. I just have greater respect for the Almighty Pistol and games that require at least some semblance of tactics.

Actually, it's been announced that this game will also be released for PC. The original Halo said "Xbox Only" on the case as well, but it was released for PC later. Remember, PC running Windows = Microsoft platform.

Q: Will I be able to play Halo Wars on Xbox 360 and PC?A: Halo Wars is for the Xbox 360 exclusively.
http://www.halowars.com/faqs.html

Until the company making the game says otherwise then I'm going with 360 only.

Yes Xbox is a MS platform but it is more than a OS you have to worry about...They also have to program it to a plethora of hardware configurations, hence why computer games tend to be buggy and not work with some peoples setups...Plus they want to sell 360s, not syaing that in a year or so after its release it would be availble on PC much like the first Halo...

Yeah and as for those people on the bungie forums I have no idea what they are talking about because clearly they have not played the PC online version of the original HALO...

Thats how one member put it there, I never could find that post agian just had it saved to word pad, I cant track friends or Ingnore members there , since bungie forums is kinda crappy,
Admittedly, this milforum is one of the highest quality forums that I have seen, with the exception of the offical Half Life forums.

Back