New Guy

--

November 16th, 2004  
Poggus

Topic: New Guy

Hi there,

I'm Logan and I live in Florida. I'm currently attending the University of Central Florida, however I plan to enlist sometime in the next week. I planned to finish schooling to become an officer, however I've decided I'd rather be enlisted. At least my credits don't go to waste and they're making me an E3. . .

I've enjoyed vieiwing your forums, decided to finally make an account and post here and there.
November 16th, 2004  
Redleg

Welcome to the forums Logan.

Glad that you decided to join us, I hope (know) that you can find some interesting and helpful info in here.
November 16th, 2004  
dougal

hey
--
November 16th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Welcome bro.
November 16th, 2004  
SleepySweeper

Welcome Logan. Good luck with your enlistment!
November 16th, 2004  
Trevor

Welcome. What service do you plan to enlist in?
November 16th, 2004  
Poggus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
Welcome. What service do you plan to enlist in?
I'm enlisting in the army. I've always planned going in as Infantry. My recruiter seems to be a decent guy and is trying to convince me to go Intelligence, 18x, or another job I can't recall. I scored very well on the ASVAB and he's sayin that these jobs would 'challenge' me more. Any suggestions? I really just want to serve, and any field is fine with me.
November 16th, 2004  
DTop

Welcome Poggus. I hope you have better luck in your military career than the Golden Knights football team has this year
November 16th, 2004  
Poggus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTop
Welcome Poggus. I hope you have better luck in your military career than the Golden Knights football team has this year
Haha ouch... you mean 0-10 is a bad record? We have one last chance to win a game this season... doubt it though.
November 17th, 2004  
gladius

Topic: Re: New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggus
I'm Logan and I live in Florida. I'm currently attending the University of Central Florida, however I plan to enlist sometime in the next week. I planned to finish schooling to become an officer, however I've decided I'd rather be enlisted. At least my credits don't go to waste and they're making me an E3. . .
If you still decide to become an officer later in life I hope you make it. When I was in the Army every single person I knew, all thought the best officers were former enlisted. You may find this out first hand if you run into any of those while you 're in.