New Gun Itch again...

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
This time I need your help...

Okay, I've come between a rock and a hard place. I can get a used police trade in S&W 5906 for a total price of $323.86. That is the firearm itself, one 15 round magazine, one 10 round magazine, and case. That is not the sale price. That is the total price; Sale price plus tax and background check fee.

I own FN Hi-Powers, GLOCKs, Beretta 92s, Walther P-38s, 1911s, etc... but I hav never owned a Smith & Wesosn Semi-Auto pistol in my life.

Are they worth getting? Should I even bother? I'm not looking for a high speed tactical pistol. I'm just looking for another well built high capacity pistol for a good price. From what I have seen on gun broker and guns america. Average price for a used S&W 5906 is aorund $450. My blue book also prices said firearm around that price. I know the price is good but I'm just not sure on the model firearm.

Do S&W 5906s feed JHP with a problem? Do they have known problems of FTF or FTE?

In the end, I want another well built semi-auto 9mm pistol like my Beretta 92FS or GLOCK 17.

Here are photos of the model that I might getting.

sw5906u877.jpg

Last edited:
I've heard and read good reviews, but every single person didn't like that the 5906 cannot fire without the magazine connected. An extra safety feature I guess.

Looks sexy. Another tool in the toolbox can't hurt.

I have heard about that, too, Maytime.

Anyway, S&W 5906 looks fine to me. I would buy it if I can.

Last edited:
Because CZ-75 SP-01 Shadow isn't at a steal of a price yet....

I will be getting a CZ-75 at some point in my life. The late Great Col. Jeff Cooper said that the CZ-75 is the best DA pistol ever made. This from the 1911 man himself.

Ive used CZs before. They be great gubs.

The CZ75 is one of the most reliable guns I've ever shot. It was comfortable, and I was on target.

Of course, the reliability thing I may be biased. I'd just shot a Luger that jammed 3 times in the one magazine I shot. So this seemed like a million bucks.

I got it in my hands. When I purchased her she was all ugly and dirty. Now she's all clean and pretty. I'll post pictures soon.

Back