New Girl

aw man
i hope that everything goes slow for you at your work ..
i know that runnning around for 24 hrs at a time gotta suck

I work for a private ambulance company, but we have fire contracts throughout the county. I work on a fire dedicated unit...so we run calls with the fire department. We have our own station though.

Some shifts are slow...some shifts are busy...its hit or miss.

SWEET the sun is tryen to come out. :D

Chaotic said:
aw man
i hope that everything goes slow for you at your work ..
i know that runnning around for 24 hrs at a time gotta suck

I actually love my job...were not out running around for 24 hours straight. Though some nites seem like I spend more time in the unit than the station. I only study when Im at work...which is nice to get paid while studying.

That sucks that they make you work the 24 hour shifts (I believe my brother only works normal 8-10 hour ones, guess they're not as tough in Nevada, huh? :wink: :lol: ). One thing I could never understand when we went on medical assists was how badly people smell. You'd think that in modern times people could find some soap (granted the odors are not always controllable, but still, come on now, have some consideration for the guys trying to save your life :lol: ).
So I hope you have a safe, pleasent smelling day.

:lol:

Redneck said:
That sucks that they make you work the 24 hour shifts (I believe my brother only works normal 8-10 hour ones, guess they're not as tough in Nevada, huh? :wink: :lol: ). One thing I could never understand when we went on medical assists was how badly people smell. You'd think that in modern times people could find some soap (granted the odors are not always controllable, but still, come on now, have some consideration for the guys trying to save your life :lol: ).
So I hope you have a safe, pleasent smelling day.

:lol:

No it doesnt suck...my shifts is one of the most desired shifts at my company. I work a 5 hour shift on mondays, 24 on tue, and a 24 on thur. I have wed, fri, sat, and sun off. Im able to pick up alot of OT if I want. I do alot of special events to like SUPERCROSS, and MONSTER TRUCKS.

We also have 9, 10, and 11 hour shifts.

I hear ya on the smelly...stinky ass people...whew. :x

It never rained last nite {gotta love SoCal}, and we got a few hours of sparatic sleep last nite. :D

I was planning on joining the navy, the only problem was when i went to visit the recruiter he wanted me to fill out all this paper work and ship off to meps the following week. this made me feel a little uncomfortable. I soon received a phone call from the air force recruiter and had a visit to him. He seemed more down to earth and took his time with me, he carefully explained everything to me and made me feel good about my decision. this is why i chose air force. i decided i would rather sign with someone who would take time with me rather than someone who was just going to rush me...

Back