New German Army SMG MP7 A1!!! What do you think???

Joker

Hello, this is the Germans new SMG the Mp7 :m16shoot: .
This weapon is part of the German Army project named "Infanterist der Zukunft ( Infantrymen of the future ) " which is like the " Land Warrior " project in the USA.

What do you think about this weapon!

http://www.spa-simrad.com/hkmp7a1.htm

Greetz Joker
:cheers:

I think this falls in the new category of weapon call PDW ( Personal Defense Weapon ).

It sort of a cross between an assault rifle and sub-machine gun.

It's meant for front line troops that don't need or find it cumbersum to use an assualt rifle. Like tankers and motorcycle scouts, not really for infantry.

I don't know if this is the one but the PDW I saw were similar to this.

i dont think it would be very practical for the infantryman, becuase for one its a very small caliber 4.6x30mm in comparison to the 5.56x45mm (standard .223 rem) and people say that the .223 is inhumane wtf this is even smaller, that and the fact that its a "submachine pistol" makes accuracy issues a problem maybe they shuold conciter a rifle instead of pistol for infantrymen. i dunno just my $.02

Would prefer an uzi or MP-5K but looks interesting! i guess for pilots, tankers, special forces, bodyguards etc. its a good weapon for its size.

I think the whole point is tom make a weapon for non-rifleman personal in the field....Similar to the M1 Carbine that was meant for mortar crews and others.. But I don't like the idea of it. In the 60' Israel had issued the Uzi for tankers and artillery men, in case they have to fight with out their vehicle. Well, in the Yom-Kippur War of 73, they had a lot of tankers that couldn't use their weapons after their tank was destroyed. The reason was that the Uzi is short ranged and inaccurate. If your tank was knocked out, an uzi gave you little hope.Thats why after 73(and a bunch of good men who died like that... :? ) They started issuing the tankers with the compact version of the Galil assault rifle( folding stock, shorter barrel)...

I agree with Sherman, the idea of arming tankers and such with it is a bit flawed. But then again its just like any technology, it keeps getting smaller but better so accuracy's deffinatly improved.

Personally I couldn't see these being issued to any infantry men. I think it'll be mostly popular for Law Enforcement, personal use (like bodygaurds, etc). Still on the idea of Law Enforcement, it'll probally make for a good weapon in CQC type situations. Sadly, like any small weapon that wields power it'll find its way onto the streets and into the wrong hands.

Like Sherman was eluding to, the main advantage of PDW's over something like the Uzi is range, 250 meters vs 50 meters. Which to me is big deal, especialy for fighting in the open.

When I was in Germany, the German motorcycle scouts used uzi's, PDWs will be alot better for them.

:rambo: Nice... Germans are great makers of machine guns. I guess Punisher got to change to this weapon...

Well, I for one like it a lot.
Sure, the ammo is small >> but it's been tested and it can penetrate CRISAT armor and Kevlar helmets from 200 yards out - That's multiple layers of Kevlar and 1.6mm of Titanium - Lethal!!!!

hmm, with 200 yards effective range, i guss its ok....i was thinking it has a similar range to other smgs. But the caliber is very small....

I think the whole point is tom make a weapon for non-rifleman personal in the field....Similar to the M1 Carbine that was meant for mortar crews and others

I agree. Looks like another of the new breed of PDWs (like the FN P90). Similar round as well.

I agree with Sherman; I'd rather have a rifle. For not much more weight than one of these PDWs (M1 Carbine included), I can have a .223 rifle.

Someone else trying to re-invent the old M1 Carbine (great little weapon!). The 5.7mm bullet has more penetrating power than the old .30 Carbine round, but the 5.7mm Spitfire probably matches it.

Plus ce chance, plus ce le mem chose.

Back