New German Army SMG MP7 A1!!! What do you think???

--

August 24th, 2004  
Joker

Topic: New German Army SMG MP7 A1!!! What do you think???

Hello, this is the Germans new SMG the Mp7 .
This weapon is part of the German Army project named "Infanterist der Zukunft ( Infantrymen of the future ) " which is like the " Land Warrior " project in the USA.

What do you think about this weapon!

http://www.spa-simrad.com/hkmp7a1.htm

Greetz Joker
August 24th, 2004  
Bootboy82

hmmmm.... it looks a little bit like it has been assembled from parts of various H&K weapons
August 24th, 2004  
gladius

I think this falls in the new category of weapon call PDW ( Personal Defense Weapon ).

It sort of a cross between an assault rifle and sub-machine gun.

It's meant for front line troops that don't need or find it cumbersum to use an assualt rifle. Like tankers and motorcycle scouts, not really for infantry.

I don't know if this is the one but the PDW I saw were similar to this.
--
August 24th, 2004  
Doppleganger

It's a very good weapon but y'know it's gonna find it's way into the hands of terorists
August 24th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Gladius is right, Heres the lowdown on the PDW MP7
August 25th, 2004  
silent driller

It kinda looks like the WWII rifle that was supposed to use the caseless ammunition(G-11?)
August 25th, 2004  
Rocky_Raccoon

i dont think it would be very practical for the infantryman, becuase for one its a very small caliber 4.6x30mm in comparison to the 5.56x45mm (standard .223 rem) and people say that the .223 is inhumane wtf this is even smaller, that and the fact that its a "submachine pistol" makes accuracy issues a problem maybe they shuold conciter a rifle instead of pistol for infantrymen. i dunno just my $.02
August 25th, 2004  
Shadowalker

Would prefer an uzi or MP-5K but looks interesting! i guess for pilots, tankers, special forces, bodyguards etc. its a good weapon for its size.
August 25th, 2004  
SHERMAN

I think the whole point is tom make a weapon for non-rifleman personal in the field....Similar to the M1 Carbine that was meant for mortar crews and others.. But I don't like the idea of it. In the 60' Israel had issued the Uzi for tankers and artillery men, in case they have to fight with out their vehicle. Well, in the Yom-Kippur War of 73, they had a lot of tankers that couldn't use their weapons after their tank was destroyed. The reason was that the Uzi is short ranged and inaccurate. If your tank was knocked out, an uzi gave you little hope.Thats why after 73(and a bunch of good men who died like that... ) They started issuing the tankers with the compact version of the Galil assault rifle( folding stock, shorter barrel)...
August 25th, 2004  
Focus Fate

I agree with Sherman, the idea of arming tankers and such with it is a bit flawed. But then again its just like any technology, it keeps getting smaller but better so accuracy's deffinatly improved.

Personally I couldn't see these being issued to any infantry men. I think it'll be mostly popular for Law Enforcement, personal use (like bodygaurds, etc). Still on the idea of Law Enforcement, it'll probally make for a good weapon in CQC type situations. Sadly, like any small weapon that wields power it'll find its way onto the streets and into the wrong hands.