New German Army SMG MP7 A1!!! What do you think??? - Page 2

--

August 26th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

I see downed helo pilots with this sucka. It seems cool!
August 26th, 2004  
gladius

Like Sherman was eluding to, the main advantage of PDW's over something like the Uzi is range, 250 meters vs 50 meters. Which to me is big deal, especialy for fighting in the open.

When I was in Germany, the German motorcycle scouts used uzi's, PDWs will be alot better for them.
August 26th, 2004  
SAINT

Nice... Germans are great makers of machine guns. I guess Punisher got to change to this weapon...
--
August 26th, 2004  
SplinterIon

Well, I for one like it a lot.
Sure, the ammo is small >> but it's been tested and it can penetrate CRISAT armor and Kevlar helmets from 200 yards out - That's multiple layers of Kevlar and 1.6mm of Titanium - Lethal!!!!
August 27th, 2004  
Bootboy82

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent driller
It kinda looks like the WWII rifle that was supposed to use the caseless ammunition(G-11?)
The G-11 ain't a WWII weapon! The first prototype was built in the mid-70's.

http://www.hkpro.com/g11.htm
August 27th, 2004  
SHERMAN

hmm, with 200 yards effective range, i guss its ok....i was thinking it has a similar range to other smgs. But the caliber is very small....
August 28th, 2004  
5CAV

Quote:
I think the whole point is tom make a weapon for non-rifleman personal in the field....Similar to the M1 Carbine that was meant for mortar crews and others
I agree. Looks like another of the new breed of PDWs (like the FN P90). Similar round as well.

I agree with Sherman; I'd rather have a rifle. For not much more weight than one of these PDWs (M1 Carbine included), I can have a .223 rifle.

Someone else trying to re-invent the old M1 Carbine (great little weapon!). The 5.7mm bullet has more penetrating power than the old .30 Carbine round, but the 5.7mm Spitfire probably matches it.

Plus ce chance, plus ce le mem chose.