New game idea

diplomatic_means

Redleg is their anyway to create something similar to a game forum that would require us to buy gear representing various unit types. We would then create user groups to choose "sides" and then war would ensue in a real or imaginary situation. It would boost the economy of the Post exchange and encourage more participation as people try to fund their wars. I don't know how difficult this would be to do, just a suggestion anyways.

Hm........

Sounds a bit complicated..
There are some mods where you can choose a character, and get experience points from posting.
You can advance in level, and increase your health, strenght, stamina etc...
You can buy gear/weapons, and fight other forum members.

I have thought about adding a mod like this, but I haven't found any good ones yet I can modify to a military version, where you can choose to be a sniper instead of archer, infantry instead of knight etc...
(all of them are RPG mods...)

I have found a couple I could modify, but they cost a bit of money, and it will be a lot of work.....

But I may add one like that in the future..

Sounds like a great idea - it probably is hard work but if you could get that done I'm all for it.

Once again just a suggestion, but tell me how hard this would be to do. I know you have more important things to do than entertain us so if it's to hard I'm cool with that. How about getting a map either a real portion of the world or an imagined world. This map would need states/provinces/countries whatever and then their could be a usergroup for each country where they would plot there moves. Each individual that is apart of the group would have military gear such as infantry, artillery, tanks, bombers, fighters, ships, etc. The group would decide where each of the individuals would send their units. Each individual would PM you what they want to do with their units and you would update the map every week or so. This kind of game would be similar to Diplomacy or Panzer General depending on what kind of land plot we would use. The great part of this is it allows people to cooperate like the various leaders in real wars. If the group decides where they best need someone to put their units and that person doesn't put them there then the consequences must be dealt with within the group. You could also have spies and what not. this sounds really exciting but I'll let you tell me how doable this is before I get everyone's hopes up.

You have sum pretty kool ideas, 1 of the 2 is fine by me, the first or the 2nd or both!!! :rambo:

i like that idea but.....dont u think the fight simulation can just be a free military online game and we can create one soldier for one account and it go around and there can be a attacking and a defensing team so and i can help u with this stuff if u do need help

Ouchhhh..... :?

The idea is great, but there are no mods like this now.
In order to fix something like that I have to hire a programmer and that cost a LOT of money... :?
This is a lot of work and I don't have the time (or knowledge) to make something like this now..
Maybe in the future, when this has become one of the leading military forums and sites on the Internet, and I earn a LOT of money.. ;)

The only mods that exists now are member vs. member, and computer vs member battles. (one on one)
With options to buy armor, weapons, gear etc...
But all of these are Fantasy/RPG games, and I have to modify them to a military game, with snipers instead of archers, medic for healers, kevlar helmets/vests for armor etc etc....
It's possible to do this, and I may add it later. (if you are interested).
And you do choose if you want to have a character or not.

But it's still a lot of work (and costs a bit of money too...)

One question for clarity: Can you have a big picture put between the gray forum menu section and the actual board area like just above the "Military Forum! Forum Index -> Suggestion Box!" text?

Yes, I can modify the layout as much as I want to.

Do you have any suggestions?

Being able to post a picture in that area in a special forum or something is all you would have to do. I don't want a mod that would take more time of your schedule than I wish. I'm saying in this game you begin by creating a forum with a big picture of a map of a real or imagined place. You would post a sticky with an invitation to play including the rules of the game and a deadline to join. Now say 20 people join the game before the deadline. They in their reply to the sticky would say they wanted to play and wanted to side with a certain country or whatever the land is grouped in on the map. In the Post Exchange another area would be created with units to be used in the game such as bazooka, battleship, tank platoon, etc. Or their counter parts if it is a sci-fi or fantasy land. All the people siding with an area become a usergroup in which they correspond throughout the week with where each of the members should place and move armies. At a weekly deadline all the plans of combat submitted by each individual participating would be reviewed by you and whoever else you choose to help play god. "God" would then move and place all the armies accordingly as requested by the participants on the map and repost the map in the area mentioned. When everyone sees what the others have done play continues through discussion amongst the usergroups and then submission of new movement and placement plans the next week. This is all I had in mind. When one game is finished meaning a stalemate, peace treaty between all nations or some group conquers the map then we could try a different map. We could do maps of the US like in a modern civil war scenario or we could do WW2 pacific front or the WW2 european front, we could do what the cold war would have looked like if it turned conventional, or we could do a war between made up solar systems like star wars, or the opposite and do something like a war in middle earth. How hard would this be to pull off?

diplomatic_means said:
How hard would this be to pull off?

:shock:

Going away on excercise Joint Winter on Sunday (14-24 March)..
I have to get back to this when I come home again.

Back