New forum on it's way, Datalk.com

Or at least u could allow the current members to login with their existing username/password
I'm afraid that I'm not allowed to create accounts on the other forum using info from this on without the members consent....

But there are not many members in there yet, so most of your usernames should still be free.. :smil:

I'm afraid that I'm not allowed to create accounts on the other forum using info from this on without the members consent....

But there are not many members in there yet, so most of your usernames should still be free.. :smil:

Okay, thnx. You could create one on behalf of me there... LoL :angel:

I created a new account, I am waiting for the activation email now. I am thinking about getting back into the computer scene. That forum looks like a good place to hang out.

Edit: It has been 40 minutes and still no activation sent. Is that normal?

Last edited:
Hm, no that's not normal..
I've sent you a PM with your registration e-mail now, so you can check if you've typed it wrong..

Well the code on registration got me some problems because of my Dyslexia, had to try alot and baisicly guess my way through lol. Now I'm registered there but need verification of my account. Looks good red.. I mean HAL! ;)

Well the code on registration got me some problems because of my Dyslexia, had to try alot and baisicly guess my way through lol
I really don't like verification images myself, but they're there for a good reason..
Too many spambots are trying to register already, so we would quickly get flooded with spam if I disabled it.. :?

Yeah I'm aware of the problem and I can't blame you for putting it there, I would be more upset if it wern't there! I hate spam and are trying to fight it in different means such as project honeypot. Actually, since i got a honeypot on my blog there have been no spam what so ever! It's lovley :)

Last edited:
I really don't like verification images myself, but they're there for a good reason..
Too many spambots are trying to register already, so we would quickly get flooded with spam if I disabled it.. :?

There are some vbulletin anti-spam mods out that are pretty effective. I use phpbb2 on my site and had to install a VIP code (I put the code on the home page) people have to enter before the registration can be accomplished. It stopped my spam dead in its tracks. The vBulletin mod that is similar makes the registar answer a question - you make the question up, it also works great and you don't need captcha.

There are some vbulletin anti-spam mods out that are pretty effective. I use phpbb2 on my site and had to install a VIP code (I put the code on the home page) people have to enter before the registration can be accomplished. It stopped my spam dead in its tracks. The vBulletin mod that is similar makes the registar answer a question - you make the question up, it also works great and you don't need captcha.
I've seen that one, but haven't tested it yet.
I'll take a look at it and again and see if it's good enough.. :smil:

Yet another (shameless promotion) update of the Datalk.com stats.. :D
Threads: 1,231, Posts: 3,066, Members: 131
Going forward there now, so come on an register and don't be shy!.. :cool:
www.datalk.com

Redleg,
PLUG
i really enjoy this forum and didn't even know that i was looking for one like it. thanks and i don't know as miuch about the coding as some but let me know if you need any help!!!!

Good to hear that you like it.. :smil:
If you have any suggestions to changes/improvements etc. then please post them in the suggestions forum there.

I'm very happy to announce that the Datalk Store and the Microchips system have finally been activated again! :D
(yes, it's the same as the PX and the Milbucks in here so it will come here soon as well ;) )

You can go to the following thread to learn more about it:
Datalk.com Store and Microchips activated again

Back