New forum feedback..

Hey Boss, erm Redleg, anyone... can someone tell me how to "paste" text in this new fangled contraption we are using here??

Belay that... I got it sorted now.

Last edited:
When running Opera the "delete post" option is not displayed. Just to let you know.

I don't like the new system, really liked the old one because of its simplicity and I just don't think the colors here go together right.

i actually like the colors. Lol. Yeah, I know the forum isn't all about ~Crazy, but I think the blue and camo go together nicely. Actually I wore a dark blue shirt and my BDU pants today :p.

SO yeah, just ~my opinion :p

Great work Redleg!!! I haven't found anything really wrong aside from the mod deal :)

'Posts since your last visit' button

The old system used to have a 'Posts since your last visit' button up in the right hand corner which would list all the posts made since you last checked out of the forum. I found the new post button @ the top of the page but its not the same the list seems to go on forever. Am I doing something wrong or is that the right one? :confused:

Otherwise I like everything so far.:bravo:

Last edited:
Unless you mark the forums read it will show the new posts AND all previous posts that you haven't read yet also.

Anytime bruv.

Redleg, I noticed on the User CP that in the same box as you can click on to find posts or threads by a member it also has a box for "referrals"?? Do tell mate.

Last edited:
I have noticed that there has been a return of many posters who have been absent for a long time. That mass email has brought some of the members back from the MIA list.

bulldogg said:
Anytime bruv.

Redleg, I noticed on the User CP that in the same box as you can click on to find posts or threads by a member it also has a box for "referrals"?? Do tell mate.

It's possible to get your own unique referral link that you can use on your site, forum sigs etc., to earn points for referrals (new registartions) to this forum..
I've got some plans for that one so I'll get back to it later... :)
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_referrals_explain

You were soppoes to have gotten an email from Redleg that said the military message board here has changed to something diffrent of what you see now.:)

Minor irritation with reputation function usage.

I'm all in favor of the reputation function (if it is used correctly).

If you are going to post a negative reputation to the reputation scales, at least have the decency to explain why instead of leaving the commentary blank..

If the negative feedback is because someone disagrees with you but does not participate in flaming, bombing or general personal attacks, then there is a better way to respond than to use the negative personality function. It's called discussion, debate or disagreement with a stance or belief. That's the purpose of having a discussion forum. If your skin is so thin that you can not carry on a simple debate then you are in the wrong place.

I very seldom take anything on these forums in a personal way - everyone has personal opinions about every subject that we cover (even humor).

Please - if I inadvertently step on someones toes in an unkind way - let me know via personal email. I will NEVER knowingly place something on these forums that is in anyway personal (no flaming, no bombing, no slandering, no personal characterizations of an unkind flavor about another forum member).

Where I come from that is considered to be simple human kindness and respect.

Please tender me the same consideration and IF you think it necessary to place a negative on my reputation scale at least let me know the why of it.

And I have given you a tip on the scales to the positive to offset any shot you took from the peanut gallery mate.

Back