New forum feedback..

Hi,

rotc boy said:
no more milbucks?

Boy Here in VBullitan we have Reputation thingy something similar to MilBucks ........ and i say it's the root of all evils....... ;)

And could someone explain these 'Reputation' things?

I Think Admin needs to Write a FAQ on this ......... but in Short ; It's Points Members give to other members for Good Posts .......... these Points keep on Acumulation and more the POints one has more his Reputation ........ Something like mine is Bigger than yours ;) .......... In long term it shows who's the most famous and loved one around here .

FutureDevilDog said:
No more chat?
Doggy how many times do i have to tell you Use the IRC Client ........ the Chat has no Link on the Forum but it's Still alive , it's there :D

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Last edited:
Lots of good feedback here.. :)

#1: Quickreply has now been activated.
#2: Someone mentioned the color scheme, and all suggestions are welcome there. I just threw this one together to get rid of the default vBulletin look, so it's far from done.
#3: Milbucks, Chat, PX and more will return, but I just haven't had time to install them yet.
#4: The rank system has been changed a bit, but this is only temporary, it'll be changed into something else later:
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/faq.php?faq=forum_rules_features#faq_forum_ranks
#5: Speed issues?? Haven't noticed anything here, so please report in here if this happens again..
#6: Avatars: Some of them got "lost" in the move, but I'll upload them again soon.
#7: There will be a FAQ about the reputation system.
But basically you all start with 10 reputation points and 1 reputation power.
The reputation points are visible in your User CP (profile).
You can use your reputation power to add/subtract that amount of reputation from other members if you like/dislike their posts.
Click on the "scales" located under their username in the threads.
You earn more reputation power by being active in the forum.
+ 1 rep power pr 365days as a member or 1000 posts (this can and will probably be changed).
You'll also get +1 rep power pr 100 reputation points you get.
If you get too much negative reputation (-100) you'll automatically get banned from the forum.
More will come on this......

#8: The ads after the first post should only be visible to non-registered/logged in users.
Are any of you seeing them after you've logged in?

#9: Attachments: Yes, it's now posible to upload attachments directly to the forum.
You all got a 1mb limit..

The vBulletin forum system got a lot of advantages over phpBB, and it's also more secure, so that's the main reasons why I chose to change the forum now.

I hope that answers most of your questions for now.
More changes (to the better??) will come soon, but I just wanted to get rid of the old forum and move over to this one as soon as possible now so I didn't have time to add all of the old features..

Last edited:
FutureDevilDog said:
Where are the smilies?

All of the smilies should be here??
:rock: :camo: :rolleyes: :viking: and so on...

They are not visible on the quickreply, so you'll need to push the "go advanced" or the normal "post reply" buttons at the top/bottom to find them..

FutureDevilDog said:

Click the shift+Print screen keys on your keyword.
Open your favorite image editing program and paste the image in there, save it to disk as .jpg and use the "manage attachments" button under "Aditional options" when you reply to a thread (not quick reply..)

Hi,

Lol Doggy Doncha worry .

Go to UserCP -(then)->Edit Options -(Then)-> And Scroll Down to this -->

Message Editor Interface
When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.
Message Editor Interface:

Select Enhanched Interface

OR

We can all ask redleg to make it default for Everyone :)

Peace
-=SF-13=-

Last edited:
SwordFish_13 said:
We can all ask redleg to make it default for Everyone :)

Peace
-=SF-13=-

Hmm, good suggestion, didn't think about that one... :sorry:

Should be enabled for all members now...

by the way, profile seems to face errors when editing.

I couldnt save my data on my profile. It kept telling me my birthdate is invalid. LoL

Indeed Pho, indeed. I heard this new board is linked to CIA headquarters and Steven Allison himself is in charge of birthday verification. Time to just come clean and be honest. Truth is good for the soul and all that mate.
:)

I like the toys Redleg, ie "reputation" and "thread ranking" and I just need to say it again that the IGNORE feature is worth the change if nothing else.
Tee hee hee

Back