New Forum Enlist

Iraq n Baq

Those of you old enough remember Sergeant Slaughter of the then-WWF, and the soon-to-follow Sergeant Slaughter G.I. Joe character. I have heard every joke and wisecrack there is connecting me to the two of them. Then, when I was 17 years old, without having previously considered it a course of action in my life, I joined the Army Guard.

Six years later, I have become Sergeant Slaughter, the real deal, the flesh and blood (and armed) incarnation of all those childhood jeers.

My motivation for enlisting was, as for many others, the educational benefits. However, after completing Basic Training at Ft. Benning, GA, the benefits became the least of my concerns, because I understood why all those who came before me served.

I'm currently fighting Liberals at the University of Missouri. When I started college, I also started ROTC. I finished 3.5 years (1 semester short of commission), and was thrown out b/c I couldn't meet their elevated PT standards (another rant entirely). This turned out to be a positive opportunity for me, because without the ROTC owning me, I became eligible for deployment. On 11Feb03, I got "the call." Spent 7 months on active duty, five of them in the sand north of Baghdad on historical documentation/collection operations. It's not the most glamourous job in the Army, but I assure you it's far more interesting than being a mechanic or cook (no offense to those who are - it's just not my thing). I have since returned (hence the handle Iraq n Baq) and resumed my studies. I've got one more year of classes, and plan to finish the ROTC program in that time.

Future military plans include a commission in the Missouri Army National Guard as a rotary wing aviator. Past that, I guess they'll have to throw me out when I'm too old.

I've grown to love the service over the years, and I put up a serious fight when I hear anyone attempt to smear the military and what we do. (Remember: College Campus = Liberals)

I'm glad I found this place; somewhere where I can find other people who think like I do.

i'm glad i can welcome you first.glad to have you here hope youl enjoy in this pardise on web :lol: cheers

Welcome to the forum, Sergeant, glad you made it home safe. I hear you on the liberals issue, I'm a student at the University of California Santa Barbara, and we got more than our share. For people who claim to be open-minded about other peoples' beliefs, they seem awful closeminded to me. (I on the other hand have never claimed to be anything but closeminded. :lol: )

Redneck said:
Welcome to the forum, Sergeant, glad you made it home safe. I hear you on the liberals issue, I'm a student at the University of California Santa Barbara, and we got more than our share. For people who claim to be open-minded about other peoples' beliefs, they seem awful closeminded to me. (I on the other hand have never claimed to be anything but closeminded. :lol: )

Yeah, me neither ! :lol: :lol: Welcome Sergeant. Hope to hear more on the issue.

Iraq n Baq said:
I'm glad I found this place; somewhere where I can find other people who think like I do.

Welcome Sarge, I'm glad you found this place too (and joined us). :)
Hope you like it here.

welcome

Welcome sarge. I know what you mean in the college calculation of college campus = liberals, I studied that at the University of Arkansas in the 60's during Vietnam. Things haven't changed much.
Thanks for you service, glad your home safe.

Welcome....... I myself am actually glad I read this!!

I am new here myself. I have a soldier in Iraq who is Army national guard.

Anyway....... welcome to the forum!!

Back