New dynamic protection on M1A2 SEP ?

Avksentii

I'm interested a dynamic armor which represent on tank side (Magazine "Tankograd" Nr. 3009 Abrams TUSK 2). Please, tell something about it or give me information in the form of the links.

Last edited:
I'm interested a dynamic armor which represent on tank side. Please, tell something about it or give me information in the form of the links.
imagedisplayphp.jpg

Second Generation TUSK. From what I have gathered it's to off set EFP's, as I understand it the original Gen. 1 tiles are under the new ones as well.

Just an advancement in additional protection for tanks that patrol urban area's.

TUSK has been around fielded since 2007.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/91/OCPA-2005-03-09-165522.jpg

Last edited:
So...But why they have arcuate shape ? Maybe this help efficiently collision with penetrator. And I also interested, what use in the capacity of explosive material in TUSK1 and 2 ? TNT or other ?
Looks good.
me too :) Like a chain armour.

Last edited:
Sorry Members ,.......
The Tankograd Magazin is copyright . Please, write the Impressum.
No article and photos in electronic-medium ! ! !

In German :
Keine Veröffentlichung !!!
Kopie und oder Weitergabe des Inhaltes ohne schriftliche Genehmigung des verlages

Sorry Members ,.......
The Tankograd Magazin is copyright . Please, write the Impressum.
No article and photos in electronic-medium ! ! !

In German :
Keine Veröffentlichung !!!
Kopie und oder Weitergabe des Inhaltes ohne schriftliche Genehmigung des verlages
There is such a thing as fair usage which is covered under copyright rules.

The above was certainly only "Fair usage" as there was no intent to deprive the authors of their material and they were credited as the original source.

Last edited:
So...But why they have arcuate shape ? Maybe this help efficiently collision with penetrator. And I also interested, what use in the capacity of explosive material in TUSK1 and 2 ? TNT or other ?
me too :) Like a chain armour.

Don't have any information on why the curved shape, most likely to shape the explosion, something similar to a Claymore just not the 700 steel ball bearings, this way when the armor detonates it puts out a wave in a curvature able to defeat rounds fired at any angle, or they may overlap to leave no space for a round to get through when they detonate.

Or another possibility is to create a space between the armor blocks, providing space for the armor to work.

I haven't seen too much on TUSK II ARAT. It still may be considered Need To Know, very few people know what the Abrams traditional armor skirts are made of as well.

I do know however that this upgrade includes a rear mounted camera for the driver, and 360 protection for the loader and TC when the vehicle is unbuttoned, belly armor, and armored seat for the driver to protect against mines.

I'm not quite sure the type of explosive used, but for safety/OPSEC reasons I'll assume it's something along the lines of Comp. B

I did not think that this illustration will cause such raction :confused: :-?
FO Seaman - Thanks.
Composition B
: is a mixture of 59% RDX, 40% TNT, and 1% wax.:firedevi:

Simple as pie. I myself have learned how to create a good amount of different types of explosives, but because this is an international forum and is almost certainly browsed and trolled by enemies and teenagers/irresponsible adults alike, both who could do damage to either others or themselves. So I tend to be a bit leery and liberal about posting anything involving the manufacturing or production of any explosive or weapons.

Simple as pie. I myself have learned how to create a good amount of different types of explosives, but because this is an international forum and is almost certainly browsed and trolled by enemies and teenagers/irresponsible adults alike, both who could do damage to either others or themselves. So I tend to be a bit leery and liberal about posting anything involving the manufacturing or production of any explosive or weapons.

Good idea!

If they (enemies and teenagers) want to find information they will find it. It's another matter that you are not participating and do not help them.

Well I just don't want to take any chances, I don't want some kid blowing his hands off because he tried making something. Posting the contents of an explosive can be even more dangerous than actually giving proper instructions. With the improper amounts of materials, an explosive can more even more volatile or unstable to handle, making it an even bigger issue.

Last edited:
Back