The New Cobra!

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
Im shocked I didnt pick up on this ealier, since it has been out for only a short time, I havent picked up on yet, until yesterday, when I brought home a new book on U.S. Military aviation.

The new Cobra, has many changes, I just read up on it, and amazed, that I learned about the F 35, a newer program, faster than the New Cobra varient for the United States Marine Corps.

Well, what do you guys think? It looks good, but, I dont know much its combat record, do any of you guys know?

http://www.helis.com/Since80s/h_ah1z.php

AH1ZWallOffire.jpg

Thats just the prototype, look at the operational model!

AH1Z.jpg

Not the Super Cobras, the Corps , still plan to keep those in fronline service.

But, some of the national guard units that still use Cobras, maybe mothballing theirs soon.

As I said, if the Feds DX their Cobras. Would be cool if I could buy one surplus. Will it happen, no. The federal government of today is to damn liberal. Hell, they're trying to pass a bill that would make it illegal for any citizen to own any DX military gear. Jeeps, Trucks, Guns, Boots, ammo, planes, so on and so forth.

So what do they do? They sell it to other countries! At least our govt fears its people and not the other way around, but that worm is slowly making an about-face. I give it 50 years.

Before I forget, the worst part about this bill is that if it passes. You either have to destory said item or the government buys it back from you for what they sold it.

WWII Jeeps sold for $100!!!!! My friend invested over thirty thousand dollars into his jeep.

Not the Super Cobras, the Corps , still plan to keep those in fronline service.

But, some of the national guard units that still use Cobras, maybe mothballing theirs soon.

Guard no longer uses Cobra's, AH-64A's replaced them sometime ago. So AH-1's might be knocking around for flight time use or training but they are not used in combat.

Thats what I meant, they have a handfull left in service,not in attack adn support however,the Apache and Apache Longbow took over that role years ago.

Right, first Apache, the Longbow varients.

And years from now, Commanche, but, for the Corps, its the AH1 Z I Belive.

Right, first Apache, the Longbow varients.

And years from now, Commanche, but, for the Corps, its the AH1 Z I Belive.

Well thats still an open topic for debate, Commanche wasn't exacting providing enough of anything to prove better than the Apache.

I suppose the Commanche may or may not enter true service, well, not at any time soon at least.

Like the new automated Artillery.

They may pull it out at the last minute, I have no Idea what they will ask for in a new Gunship of the future.

I do know, it wont be anti tank, like what they wanted in the pre 90s era, from threat of mass Soviet tank attacks on Europe.

Maybe, they may design something along the lines of anti terror operations. But, what kind of requirements of are those??...

Like the new automated Artillery.

They may pull it out at the last minute, I have no Idea what they will ask for in a new Gunship of the future.

I do know, it wont be anti tank, like what they wanted in the pre 90s era, from threat of mass Soviet tank attacks on Europe.

Maybe, they may design something along the lines of anti terror operations. But, what kind of requirements of are those??...

Ya the NLOS.

Back