Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5- 2000 Dodge Inteprid

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 6- Ford Focus

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 7- Ford Probe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I picked the 2000 Dodge Intrepid because of low mileage compared to the others and because it was well within your budget, even though it has a few dings on the hood and drivers door.

Fox said:
2001 Dodge Neon. Same as above. Good mileage.

I almost agree, but it is over his budget of $6,000, by $995. Are you two guys going to give him the difference?

Wow ok. Camaro by far has more power more features and has a higher "cool" factor. The NEON doesnt even have ABS!!!! And considering that everything else besides the intrepids are V4's I would say the Camaro is the best choice. So in conclusion go with either the '00 intrepid or the camaro. Stay away from the NEON

Darn right FDG the camero will defintely let you use the back seat more often, if you know what i mean :)

kidding of course....yeh.

to bad the insurance would also be higher...for a 16 year old in a camaro;)

plus the costs for registration fees and all that crap...

my parents are trying to push me towards the saturn (the first car) because its cheap, and its a standard.
(my parents want me to learn to drive a standard because, if you can drive a standard, you can drive anything)

Well, I didn't see a single Truck/SUV on that list.

So I'd have to say. GET THE CAMERO. You'll get more tail.

thats becuase i dont want a truck or SUV, im going to be paying for insurance, gas, registration fees, and the car, so id like to get as much distance to the gallon as i can

Hey ROTC Boy. I only drive Pickups and SUVs. The only car I drive is a company car (Police Cruiser).

The NEON doesnt even have ABS!!!!

ABS is totally over rated. Try learning to brake properly. Have you experienced how badly ABS handles hard braking on dirt roads for example. It's not worth the fuss.

Neons are pieces of crap. Don't waste your money. And on the superficial side, well, it's a girl car.

The Camero might get you more "tail" but the insurance on that sucker is going to be high. Besides, you really only see 80s throw-backs driving those these days.

I've heard good things about the Ford Focus', but watch out for the milage.

thats becuase i dont want a truck or SUV, im going to be paying for insurance, gas, registration fees, and the car, so id like to get as much distance to the gallon as i can

Stay away from SUVs. As for trucks, if they interest you, look at used ones. Chevy S-10s and Ford Rangers. I have a little '95 Ranger that I use for puttering around town, it's a standard 4cyl. 2 wheel, single cab, get great gas milage and it will haul little loads. Taxes, title, lic and insurance are cheaper than they would be for most of the cars you have listed. I bought it with 60K miles for $2,000. Got the dealer to throw in new tires, new belts, oil change, and shocks. It's currently at 108K miles, and runs like new. No rust, good body all but for a small dent where a deer side swiped me last year.

I notice a lot of the cars you're looking at have high milage, that's something you want to watch out for. Sure, they'll go a lot longer than they used to, but you're going to want something that's going to last you for a few years.

Good job on saving up the money, btw.

To AussieNick: I don't like ABS either.

I say go for a clio, not on the list but great wee cars. I just bought one at christmas time, so cheap to run. Chesney is my wee baby! :wink:

AussieNick said:
ABS is totally over rated. Try learning to brake properly. Have you experienced how badly ABS handles hard braking on dirt roads for example. It's not worth the fuss.

There are good sides and bad sides with ABS, the rather "poor" break effect on dirt road and wet/dry asphalt is one of the disadvantages, but on icy and snowy roads, which I drive on for like 7 to 8 months a year, the ABS is magnificent.

The Honda Civic I once drove had the option of turning on and off the ABS system which I seriously miss on my new Avensis.

PJ24 said:
I've heard good things about the Ford Focus', but watch out for the milage.

I don't know about Ford on the American marked, but the Fords sold in Scandinavia suffer from a great number of problems when the milage hits 150.000 kms or so, only the Mondeo so far seems to be a milage swallower with few problems.

Last edited:
Focus..... I had one last holiday. It fast, has a good milage, I could stuff all my gear in, two buddies and their gear too. It looks nice, not too snazy but solid. A camaro is okay, but once the girls start seeing all the stains they'll be done with you anyway.

Back