NEW CAP MEMBERSHIP CARD! (maybe) - Page 6

View Poll Results :(ONLY CAP, PLEASE) Do you like this design?
NO 4 20.00%
YES 16 80.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

--

June 20th, 2005  
fronzz

I don't get why they wouldn't be for cadets too.
June 24th, 2005  
alliehz

Quote:
2 June 2005

The March 2005 National Board approved a new, optional, CAP picture membership card for senior members. The National Board action directed the card be available for distribution 1 October 2005 and that members have the opportunity to pre-purchase the card beginning 1 June 2005. The start date for the distribution of the card, as well as the opportunity to pre-purchase the card, has been delayed pending final Air Force approval of the card design. As soon as AF approval is received we will release the pre-purchase form and update the membership on the card distribution date.
I got that off of e-services.
July 6th, 2005  
CadetGirl605

so they aren't for cadets??? fine with me i like the one i have now. I didn't like the other ones...
--
July 24th, 2005  
OnceAnEagle

Why not cadets? I don't know about you all, but half my cadets would lose it. A picture ID card like that would be a bit more on the pricey side. Like has been mentioned... we all have a picture ID of some sort to go along with the old cards anyways.

In addition, it's a hassle. You'll have to submit a picture, then make sure you get the correct picture, etc etc.

Why don't cadets need it? The most popular thing besides "That's cool!" I've heard is that they wanted an easier way to get onto bases. I ask... why do you need an easy reason to get on bases? You won't get anywhere you can't already get to with this card, but I can bet some Rambo-cadet will try to pass off the card as more important as it should be. Heck, I think a few SM's will try this. This is why we lost blue epaulet sleeves for SM's long ago... some SM bought some general stars and kept a Officer's Club open all right because "he was a general." Every step we take closer, someone will abuse the privlidge. It just so happens that most people think these type of abuses will occur less with SM's willing to commit both financially and legally to CAP for 3 years.

Summary: it's just not needed for cadets. SM's willing to state a long-term commitment will get them in whatever form the AF deems fit.

Of course, your milage may vary.
July 26th, 2005  
Nelson_CAP

I like the card it looks more official wit a picture and everything
October 13th, 2005  
058flightsgt

I haven't heard of a new CAPID card design, has it applied already?
To get on other Military bases your 101 ES card works as an picture ID (If you actualy put the picture in it that is )
October 13th, 2005  
058flightsgt

To get on other Military bases your 101 ES card works as an picture ID (If you actualy put the picture in it that is )
October 14th, 2005  
alliehz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 058flightsgt
No it hasn't.
October 14th, 2005  
Hookedonlemons

I like the old style
They just need to put grade and a pic of you on the old type
October 21st, 2005  
AirborneRangerN4y

its a alot better than the current one