NEW CAP MEMBERSHIP CARD! (maybe)

(ONLY CAP, PLEASE) Do you like this design?

• Total voters
nulli secundus said:
I hate the old one. To flexable, you can't use it to... :shock: umm never mind. :p

Lol. Once the senior with the key didnt show up on time, and i started to open the office door, when he comes in right before i do it, so i stop. Then he say "why did you stop cadet?" and I answer "you have a key sir" he replied "get back to work I forgot it" lol. Well so i keep opening and the navy police comes in with a cadet that forgot his ID card, just to make sure he is allowed on base, all while I am braking into the office...

Us children terrorist?! Nah....they just teach us how to drill here, nothing more, we swear!

The old cards are good for ice scrapers though...

One day the headlines will say "Former CAP Cadet Found Breaking into High Security Compound With Old Membership Card" Our ranks will double in weeks after that. And some how I'll get blaimed. :lol:

I think that it is a good idea and as CAPmech said it will be eiaser to get on base. But does anyone know if it is for only SM's? I was on MIMS and read an article that talked about them only for SM's?

GAWG Honor Guard CDC

2 June 2005

The March 2005 National Board approved a new, optional, CAP picture membership card for senior members. The National Board action directed the card be available for distribution 1 October 2005 and that members have the opportunity to pre-purchase the card beginning 1 June 2005. The start date for the distribution of the card, as well as the opportunity to pre-purchase the card, has been delayed pending final Air Force approval of the card design. As soon as AF approval is received we will release the pre-purchase form and update the membership on the card distribution date.

I got that off of e-services.

Why not cadets? I don't know about you all, but half my cadets would lose it. A picture ID card like that would be a bit more on the pricey side. Like has been mentioned... we all have a picture ID of some sort to go along with the old cards anyways.

In addition, it's a hassle. You'll have to submit a picture, then make sure you get the correct picture, etc etc.

Why don't cadets need it? The most popular thing besides "That's cool!" I've heard is that they wanted an easier way to get onto bases. I ask... why do you need an easy reason to get on bases? You won't get anywhere you can't already get to with this card, but I can bet some Rambo-cadet will try to pass off the card as more important as it should be. Heck, I think a few SM's will try this. This is why we lost blue epaulet sleeves for SM's long ago... some SM bought some general stars and kept a Officer's Club open all right because "he was a general." Every step we take closer, someone will abuse the privlidge. It just so happens that most people think these type of abuses will occur less with SM's willing to commit both financially and legally to CAP for 3 years.

Summary: it's just not needed for cadets. SM's willing to state a long-term commitment will get them in whatever form the AF deems fit.

Of course, your milage may vary.

I haven't heard of a new CAPID card design, has it applied already?
To get on other Military bases your 101 ES card works as an picture ID (If you actualy put the picture in it that is :D )

I haven't heard of a new CAPID card design, has it applied already?
To get on other Military bases your 101 ES card works as an picture ID (If you actualy put the picture in it that is :D )

Back