New Body Armour Unfashionable

0330_62scitec.gif

Well, I guess getting any useful discussion in this topic is officially over. Good job guys. lol:bravo:

Pretty soon you guys will come up with a design that needs a lacky to put you in the tank with a hoist. HELP, I'VE FALLEN AND CAN'T GET UP.

bulldogg said:
Our man in the field, Doody be his name-o, reported on this not too long ago. Though the complaints of looking "goofy" strike me as pretty friggin stoopid (sic) as I do not think these suits were designed with fashion in mind. And the complaints about wearing them in normal combat are a bit specious as they were designed for the sole duty of protection of Humvee gunners.
I guess it depends on how fast you can hop out of the suit. Suppose you're a gunner wearing that suit and your humvee suffers a mobility kill and is lit on fire. Wouldn't you want to evacuate your vehicle ASAP?
mmarsh said:
Well I agree they look stupid, but I wouldn't care if was a circus clown suit as long as it kept my butt safe.

Perhaps the best way to keep a gunner safe on a Humvee is to make him less conspicous. For example design a enclosed/semi-enclosed turret on the next generation vehicle.
I wonder why they haven't started using armored "domes" on humvees like this one:
A-TMLCharGren.jpg

Don't some armies have remote controlled MG turrets now?

Last edited:
Back