New Beretta PX4 Storm .45 AC Photos from 2007 SHOT SHOW in the Great State of Florida

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
px4-45-od-1.jpg

px4-45-od-2.jpg

px4-45-port.jpg

Beretta annouced that they also are jumping into the .45 ACP market with a redesigned version of their newer PX4 Storm series of pistols. THe model shown comes in a Earth Green with an extended barrel for a possible suppressor. The close up photo is of the normal model that will also hit the market. Looks like this is going to be a good year for me if the Democrats do not pass any firearm bills in Congress because I also want to buy one of those puppies.

Pistols like these make me sad to live in New York.

This looks like a nice pistol, but USP Tactical in .45 ACP is still in my opinion the best combat pistol ever made. How many cartridges in the mag for this Beretta?

I'm not familiar with all the guns' features and design benefits, but I must admit; that looks like a fun toy.

The Beretta Px4 Storm is a polymer frame version of the Beretta 8000 series. Beretta stopped production of the 8000 series and redesigned it with all of the modern bells and whistles. It's Beretta's compition against GLOCK.

The Green Monster is the military special forces model. They do make a normal version of the PX4 Series.

PS - Stoeger is now making the Beretta 8000 Series of pistols in Turkey. Reason is that Beretta owns Steoger and it is cheaper for them to make the 8000 Series in Turkey than the USA or Italy. Beretta moved all of the tooling to Turkey and is now having it produced with a Steoger stamp instead of a Beretta stamp. Doesn't bother me none because that means that a well made pistol is now being sold for a cheaper price meaning that poorer folks can now afford a well built pistol for self defense.

Last edited:
I don't know but I wouldn't want the Beretta to be a bobbed DAO. I'd rather have a Single/Double Action. For DAO work, I'd go with a GLOCK, Srpingfield Armory XD, S&W M&P, or FN Forty Nine.

If a silencer is added to an extended barrel, does the existing barrel get threaded or replaced with a threaded one?

Looks like it could have potential. Hopefully someone here (cough 556 cough) can give us an AAR once one has been attained.

Well, to my knowledge. That barrel is a blank. The military model will have a threaded barrel. As for me getting one. I will more then likely. But I want that GLOCK 21 SF....

Hmm, in Special Weapons for Military and Police magazine they said that the Type C has an extremely smooth trigger, more like the DAK from SIG or the LEM trigger for HK pistols.

Yeah, it's smooth but it's not a GLOCK. I don't like the DAK or LEM trigger system either.

If I buy a Sig Sauer, Beretta, H&K, or CZ. I like it being a traditional Double/Single action trigger.

Got the itch for a new pistol. Just don't know what it will be yet. So many new models on the market.

I still can't get used to the flat sight plane on the glock. Just old fashioned but I like a radius on the top.

Back