New Australian Defence Force Photos

AussieNick

Forum Digger
I thought it would be a good time to start a new thread of ADF photos.... it's about time, and what better time than ANZAC day 2009 (a couple of days late, I had to recover). So remembering the sacrifice of the original ANZAC's 94 years ago at ANZAC cove, here are some photos of what we, the current generation of Australian soldiers are doing.

index.htm

SECDET XIV Troop Sergeant, Sergeant James Lloyd quietly reflects at the head stone of Trooper H.G May of the 9th Light Horse, who died in September 1917, aged 26. Trooper May is buried in the Baghdad North Gate War Cemetery.

20090407adf8185016_0022_lo.jpg

Sapper Joshua Colbourne scans forward with his F88 Austeyr as he and his Explosive Detection Dog, Harry take part in Operation Shak Haliwel in southern Afghanistan.

20090408adf8185016_0066_lo.jpg

Australian and Afghan soldiers search a mud brick compound, known as a quala, during Operation Shak Haliwel in the Kakarak region of Oruzgan Province.

20090414adf8185016_0015_lo.jpg

Platoon signaler Private Jesse Cass (right) scans the open ground for threats as Lieutenant Bradley Freeman (left) radios his higher command during a patrol in the Kakarak region of Oruzgan Province, Afghanistan.

Good to see you back around the traps LT.
Did you spend the day at the Union?
First ANZAC i have missed for quite some time, the weather was a bit much to take my daughter out in, so I spent the day teaching her at home.
Take care.

Back