New Army Deployment Vehicle

Yes. Very.

:lol: Hey, sherman, it's a lot easier to airlift a couple hundred S.C.U.T.R.s than it is to drop in trucks. :lol:

I do not believe you at all. Those things do not increase speed, they increase distance only a little and they aren't rugged enough for the majority of terrains we fight in unless all wars from now on are going to be fought solely in cities.

you all nuts?

obvcours its not real. Cant you see the photos been messed around with?
besides, what Israeli would take that thing...can you imagin it in the desert dunes....Besides, even compared with Stryker, its really not safe....

diplomatic_means said:
I do not believe you at all. Those things do not increase speed, they increase distance only a little and they aren't rugged enough for the majority of terrains we fight in unless all wars from now on are going to be fought solely in cities.

Nawwwww, come on now, they spent like a hundred dollars in the R and D of this new technical marvel, don't knock it.

diplomatic_means said:

AH-HA! So that's why.

Shoot and scoot, Sir!
:lol:

Yeah I took it seriously because it was in a serious forum. You wouldn't believe some of the weapons under development that I've heard of from the science magazines I get. Compared to them they actually make a scooter sound practical. :roll:

:lol: I hear you there, Popular Science is one step above the supermarket tabloids. And it was not in a serious forum (check out the other topics there).

It could well have been a serious project...
There has been many real stupid military experiments.. :D

It is kind of hard to beleive that they would actually send soldiers out on soldiers. As you said redleg... it would be a really stupid idea

MunitionsAirman said:
Where was this image found? i would like to see some more type of things like that.

I honestly don't remember, I've had it on my computer for a long old time.

Popular Science isn't anything close to the tabloids. I also get Scientific American and a few IEEE publications. Off the top of my head I remember a few months ago an article about nonlethal weapons R&D for the military. One of these included what looks like a satellite dish on a small U-Haul trailor. This thing is pointed at a person, spends two seconds focusing a beam of microwaves at them to make them want to get out of the way before that spot on there body begins to boil. What is pathetic about this thing is it can only acquire one target at a time, it can not hit moving targets and continue to focus at the same time, and it would be completely ridiculous to drag it into a terrain like Iraq. It would be completely useless in warfare or even riot control for that matter. i've actually seen several articles in the news about the army trying to equip the segway for battle duty. There is no way in the world you could make the segway durable enough to withstand the environments all over the world. Now the army is looking into creating what would amount to mechwarriors to fight in the place of soldiers. I'm sorry but if I'm fighting the US and they send mechwarriors instead of troops for me to put my army up against why on earth would i fight? At the sight of them I'd laugh and then launch every nuke in my arsenal at the US. Human sacrifice is what makes war something not to be desired, but something to learn from in the end to avoid it in the future. Looking at these few things how ridiculous do you think that scooter sounds now?

No, tell me more. I think the S.C.U.T.R. is a viable combat system that will revolutionize the face of war.

Back