New 7.62x51mm Battle Rifle!!!!

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Well, another fine product shown at the 2007 SHOTSHOW in the Great State of Florida.

Florida's own Kel-Tec Firearm made a new rifle for the civilian/LEO market. The Kel-Tec RFB 7.62x51mm NATO Rifle. It comes in either a 32 inch barrel, 20 inch barrel, or 18 incah barrel. I WANT THIS!!!!!!!! Also she runs off metric FN FAL magazines. Which means 20rd magazine are dirt cheap!!!!!!!

100_0273.jpg

100_0274.jpg

DSCF0483.jpg

shot2007001lm1.jpg

DSCF0484.jpg

DSCF0486.jpg

DSCF0488.jpg

Like the idea of going back to 7.62x51, but I'll reserve my judgement until I've heard more on the reliability of the forward ejection system. I'm sceptical of that tube, it offers lots of chances for real "ball buster" jams.

It certainly looks nice though.

What really got me excited was the fact that it is a 7.62x51mm Rifle with a total length of 26 inches!!!! It's smaller then my damn M4 carbine with a 14 inch barrel. Hell, it's smaller then most Class III NFA SBRs and it's legal for civilian ownership. Plus it's a FN FAL in bullpup form. So there is no design problem.

Might even be a future in this. But I prefer the 5.56mm for this reason: you can bring more of the ammo for just the same weight. Or bring the same amount of ammo for less weight (actually this is more important!)

wow, that's a nice looking firearm. looks like it wouldn't cause that many problems in carrying or firing, due to it's small size i guess it would work well in confined areas (houses).

Ok, I'm drooling. Hey, 5.56, when you buy one, can I go to your place and try it? Huh? Huh? Can I?? Can I? Can I? can I? Phuleeeze???

Dean.

The design reminds me of the infamous SA80 - *shiver*, I would prefer one of the updated G3 versions instead of this one.

Bullpup designs have been tried before and found lacking.
For one, have they solved the ejectionproblem for leftyshooters?

Bullpup designs have been tried before and found lacking.
For one, have they solved the ejectionproblem for leftyshooters?

Yes, it ejects it's shell casings from the front of the rifle. Same deal with the FN 2000. The FN P90 ejects it's shell casings downward through the rifle.

What really got me excited was the fact that it is a 7.62x51mm Rifle with a total length of 26 inches!!!! It's smaller then my damn M4 carbine with a 14 inch barrel. Hell, it's smaller then most Class III NFA SBRs and it's legal for civilian ownership. Plus it's a FN FAL in bullpup form. So there is no design problem.

i thought you hated bullpups? or am i just confused with an older comment you made?

had an epiphany?

No, I just want a really small .308 Rifle.

They make great rifles for engine blocks.

I'm not a fan of a bullpup but a .308 Winchester caliber rifle with a total length of 26 inches means that I can trade some comfort. It's no AR-15 but it's a 26 inch .308 rifle.... Engine Blocks beware...

No, I just want a really small .308 Rifle.

They make great rifles for engine blocks.

I'm not a fan of a bullpup but a .308 Winchester caliber rifle with a total length of 26 inches means that I can trade some comfort. It's no AR-15 but it's a 26 inch .308 rifle.... Engine Blocks beware...

lol

fair enough.

never hunted engine blocks, but they work fine on pigs

.308 is an excellent round. i use it (or alternatively .303) for pig hunting

Man, I going to stay clean all my life, no crimnal record for me, when I get older, I will look into legally owning one of these. Or perhaps a LR 300.

One question 5.56. Is it a well balanced weapon? Or is it front heavy? Even without the barrel attachment?

Man, I going to stay clean all my life, no crimnal record for me, when I get older, I will look into legally owning one of these. Or perhaps a LR 300.

One question 5.56. Is it a well balanced weapon? Or is it front heavy? Even without the barrel attachment?

I have no clue, they're not out on the market yet. When they hit the market I plan to try one out before I spend money on it.

Back