New 7.62x51mm Battle Rifle!!!!

Well, that kinda sucks. But anyway, even though the gun is old technology, its pieces like these that seems to put that to the test.

What really got me excited was the fact that it is a 7.62x51mm Rifle with a total length of 26 inches!!!! It's smaller then my damn M4 carbine with a 14 inch barrel. Hell, it's smaller then most Class III NFA SBRs and it's legal for civilian ownership. Plus it's a FN FAL in bullpup form. So there is no design problem.

Out of curiosity, how do you people like bullpup designs, from personal experience?

Well, I'm not a general fan of bullpups but like I said above. It's a 7.62x51mm rifle with a total length of 26 inches. Yeah, swap magazines is going to be slower, it's going to be loud as hell, and the trigger is going to suck. But I can hunt engine blocks with a 26 inch rifle.....

Basically, I can deal with all of the short falls of the bullpup design in this rifle.

I figure the balance would be pretty awkward on a bullpup design, or that trying to reload would take some getting acclimated to. I like KISS equipment that can be used quickly and effectively. Seems like the bullpup would cause some awkward reloading or balance issues.

With a cartridge that large in a weapon that small, recoil is probably a major pain in the tail. If you need a weapon that really exploits the range of the 7.62 NATO round, stick with a standard layout, tried-and-true design (FAL, M-14, etc.)

Back