Never Forget, I will never Forget - Page 2

--

May 21st, 2004  
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

I don't beleive any one will ever forget... this was something that has affected our country, if not the whole world.
May 21st, 2004  
Marksman

Quote:
if not the whole world.
you got that right
May 21st, 2004  
Razor

I was in Italy, we did not yet have a good TV, all we had was a 5 by 5in. B&W. My Mom on base she called us saying the base was on lock down and that it may be a good idea for us to get the B&W out of the attic and turn it on...

I will never forget.
--
May 22nd, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman
Quote:
if not the whole world.
you got that right
I remember I was working in Amsterdam at the time, and a few days after 9/11 we had a 3 minutes of silence in honor of the victims and the survivors. Trams, busses, taxi's, tourists, streetworkers. Everything stopped. Only the pidgeons weren't silent, but normally you can't even hear them. That was a very impressive moment to me, I knew that city for quite a while, but I never knew it could be that quiet.
May 22nd, 2004  
Marksman

Yep something similiar here
May 24th, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

I was returning to my math classroom when it happened. Thats when alot of them realized that our freedom isnt free. Sad isnt, and their are those who loose a lost one and blame someone else for their death, why cant they just honor their sacrifice for their duty to our country?
May 24th, 2004  
Eric

My wife is a F.A for United....she was getting ready to leave for a trip when we saw the first airplane hit, on the morning news. My Birthday is Sept 12 anyways...I will never forget and I make darn sure my kids won't either!
I wonder where our wide behinded elected officials were...when you see the 9/11 blaming game, it looks like they even forgot that 19 Arab zealots under Osama were responsible.
May 25th, 2004  
AFSteliga

I was in Grade 10 English Class when I heard about it. I had no clue what anyone was talking about when they said that the WTC got hit. After someone told me that two airliners hit the Twin Towers. I went silent for a good hour. The next English class, we went into the A/V room and watched CNN to see what happened.

I myself will never forget what happened on that day.
May 25th, 2004  

I was told to turn on the radio after the first plane hit. At that time everyone still thought it was an accident. I'll never forget the moment I heard the guy on the radio say: "Another plane has just hit the other tower.........." Then I knew it was deliberate, and that was the real shock.
May 26th, 2004  
Sooners1

I was takin my kids to school, when it came over the radio. I stopped at my mom's and saw some on TV. Then had to get my 7 year old from school because he heard about it at school and he was instantly sick to his stomach. I will never forget.