Neutrals in WW2 - Page 4

--

December 2nd, 2005  
godofthunder9010

December 2nd, 2005  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Hey don't let your head explode because of this.
December 2nd, 2005  
godofthunder9010

LOL, not a big deal. I just need to pay attention better. Anyways, if memory serves, the UK and Germany both did a lot of passive assistance to Finland, but Germany's help was a good bit more helpful.

One thing that surprises me about the WW2 neutrals were these two: Spain and Turkey. Both had plenty of reason to join the Axis cause. Turkey and Russia have mutually hated one another for ages. Spain saw a Fascist dictator just having taken over the coutry. The Allies even actively worked agaist Mr. Franky's takeover, yet he did not commit to the Axis side. I think Turkey figured they'd lost too much in WW1 and was unwilling to risk more.
--
December 4th, 2005  
redcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
On the one hand Sweden had no love for Russian, on the other hand it did have good relations with Norway which was under Russian occupation. It also was used as a transit point for Jewish refugees as well as allied airmen escaping capture. Sweden actually refusing Hitlers demand that she surrender all her Jews.

Sweden's response was this "there is no Jewish problem in Sweden". A response that enraged Hitler.
The quote is actually "there is no Jewish problem in Finland " and was by the Finnish Prime Minister, when asked by Hitler what he was going to do with the Jews in Finland
December 9th, 2005  
Fox

I think Spain going to join Germany. Sweden....well.....I don't know. Swiss going to join Germany because Swiss was encircled by Germans
Turkey is too chicken to fight on German until Feb 45. On that day Germany already got encircled by Britishs, Americans, Frenchs, and Russians.