Neuron - As posted in another thread.

AlexKall

Anyone seen the Sweden/French/Switzerland/Spain/Italian unmanned bomber that was in the plans (its a debate now, if it is going to be made or not) Just hope its Swedish electronics in there. France is famous for its hightech electronics but also famous for its crashing electronics which seems to be quite a problem. Will cost (estimated, will probebly go up in price) 100 000 000 USD Called the NEURON.

saab.jpg

Looks sweet :)

Sorry the debate is about if the Swedish government (Military) should pitch in money to Saab for this project. I think they should :)

Aparently Volvo is in on it too.

I have to disagree with supporting the building of this weapon. The more removed we are from the horrors of war the easier it will be for the leaders to embark on such endeavours. Gen. Robert E Lee said something to the effect that it is a good thing war is so horrible or else we might grow too fond of it.

bulldogg said:
I have to disagree with supporting the building of this weapon. The more removed we are from the horrors of war the easier it will be for the leaders to embark on such endeavours. Gen. Robert E Lee said something to the effect that it is a good thing war is so horrible or else we might grow too fond of it.

It can be used for civil purposes aswell.

AlexKall said:
Jäger said:
It does not look as if that's ist destination.

Nope, but that is its purpouse :p To be used both in Civilian and Military fields ;)

Yees....to spray crops with pesticides...or forests with agent orange :?

The USA have Hellfire Drones, so why shouldn't Europe develop something similar?

OT: Did you know that Iran used UAVs armed with RPG-7s against Iraqi forces in the first Gulf War? I don't think they were very effective though,

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
AlexKall said:
Jäger said:
It does not look as if that's ist destination.

Nope, but that is its purpouse :p To be used both in Civilian and Military fields ;)

Yees....to spray crops with pesticides...or forests with agent orange :?

The USA have Hellfire Drones, so why shouldn't Europe develop something similar?

OT: Did you know that Iran used UAVs armed with RPG-7s against Iraqi forces in the first Gulf War? I don't think they were very effective though,

UAVs and UCAV is different things.

Hellfire Drones? Whats that? I know what a hellfire missile is but whats a Hellfire Drone?

Secondly, yes I know Iran used UAVs against Iraq. But i'm not sure i'm following your point?
This isnt a UAV using RPGs :?:

AlexKall said:

Hellfire Drones? Whats that? I know what a hellfire missile is but whats a Hellfire Drone?

Secondly, yes I know Iran used UAVs against Iraq. But i'm not sure i'm following your point?

What are UCAVs? By Hellfire Drone I meant a drone that is armed with a Hellfire Missile. The point was that armed UAVs aren't such a recent development and have already been used in the early 80s by countries that usually aren't known to be at the forefront of military technology.

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
AlexKall said:

What are UCAVs? By Hellfire Drone I meant a drone that is armed with a Hellfire Missile. The point was that armed UAVs aren't such a recent development and have already been used in the early 80s by countries that usually aren't known to be at the forefront of military technology.

UCAV = Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle

Ware these UAVs aoutomated, flying on their own without a "pilot" involved?

AlexKall said:

Thanks for clearing that up.

I would assume that it was a remote controlled UCAV. It would be a bit too impressive if the Iranians had developed a robot that could identify targets and fire rockets at them, wouldn't it?

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
AlexKall said:

Thanks for clearing that up.

I would assume that it was a remote controlled UCAV. It would be a bit too impressive if the Iranians had developed a robot that could identify targets and fire rockets at them, wouldn't it?

Yes, Neuron is aoutomatic and is not raido controled so I'm not sure why you refered to that when talking about Neuron.

Back