Nervous about joining the military

Jennifer_morga1

I’m sure you’ve all heard this over and over and over, I honestly have been debating if it would be beneficial or not. I’m 20 yrs old and I haven’t had the easiest childhood, but all throughout my life I’ve had members of my family in the military and it’s always sorta been pushed on me and I’ve always fought it strongly. I’m at the point in my life where I’m tired of not knowing what I’m gonna do with my life. The thing that scares me the most about joining is going to basic I feel like if I go I’m gonna end up failingand failing isn’t something I enjoy at all, I’ve never really been through anything like that I played soccer all through highschool but that’s nothing compared to what they do in basic, another thing is being yelled at, it’s absolutely something I hate and when it happens I tend to block it out. Working out doesn’t bother me but I don’t want to be that person that Isn’t able to do something correct and everyone else suffers I’m not doing this just because I’m at a low point in my life. I feel like the structure the military has to offer would be a great thing for me I just am having doubts on if I’m military material or not.

I’m sure you’ve all heard this over and over and over, I honestly have been debating if it would be beneficial or not. I’m 20 yrs old and I haven’t had the easiest childhood, but all throughout my life I’ve had members of my family in the military and it’s always sorta been pushed on me and I’ve always fought it strongly. I’m at the point in my life where I’m tired of not knowing what I’m gonna do with my life. The thing that scares me the most about joining is going to basic I feel like if I go I’m gonna end up failingand failing isn’t something I enjoy at all, I’ve never really been through anything like that I played soccer all through highschool but that’s nothing compared to what they do in basic, another thing is being yelled at, it’s absolutely something I hate and when it happens I tend to block it out. Working out doesn’t bother me but I don’t want to be that person that Isn’t able to do something correct and everyone else suffers I’m not doing this just because I’m at a low point in my life. I feel like the structure the military has to offer would be a great thing for me I just am having doubts on if I’m military material or not.

If you are thinking you will fail but if you change your mind frame into "I'm gonna do this and I will do everything I can to succeed" you will be successful in what you are doing. You said you have been playing soccer, so you know a bit about being functional in a team. I have a question about that. When you and your team entered the grass field for playing a game. Did you enter with the intention to win the game or did you enter the field with the intention to loose the game? The military might be something for you. It can also be the opposite, but you will never know until you give it a try.

I didnt have a very happy home life, I wanted to join the RAF straight out of school at 15 years of age as a boy entrant, my parents blocked my joining, so I waited until I didn't need their permission and joined. It was the best decision I ever made. My only regret was leaving the RAF, I wish I had stayed on for longer.

If you are nervous about basic maybe the military is not for you.
Basic training is just that, basic.
If you make it through you will have to do the job. You know the part that should make you nervous...

Back