Needed Advice..

sunshine84

Hello,
I am a soon to be nursing graduate and thought joining the military as a nurse would be a wise career choice. Though, I have been talking to a recruiter for the past 4 months with no progressive action...
I have been getting other offers from the private sector by hospital recruiters in the area to stay and work for them for a year or two...

So, my question is, is this really worth it? My recruiter acts like I'm a good candidate (as he is a medical recruiter) but he seems to be just dragging his feet with my paper work and getting me sworn in... I have wasted alot of time spending time at the MEPS station for my physical, xrays, and collecting my own medical records (which I was under the impression that my recruiter would take care of it all, but apparently it was my job...)..

I feel like I am wasting my time...I hate to give up or in but he is making this really difficult for me..

Any advice?

Thanks a bunch for all you do!! =)~

Welcome aboard.

I have no advice for you, but I'm sure you'll find the help you need from Team Infidel or one of our other esteemed military personnel. :)

Welcome aboard...

The Army needs a lot of nurses right now. The most important thing for you to do is not talk to the local military recruiter, but the local ROTC recruiter. He/she can point you in a straigter direction. There are a lot of bonuses for nurses entering the Army right now. Most important thing you have to do is pass the NCLEX.

How far along are you in your progam for school?

I can try and help if you need it.

Welcome to the forums, and I guess I'll give the same advice others did and say to heed TI's advice.

Of course, listen to whatever it is TI tells you if the folks are saying he's the man. If you do for whatever reason decide not to go in or they keep fartin off with your processing, you may also want to consider getting your foot in the door with your local VA (Veterans Affairs Hospital). They are almost always in need of personnel.

Back