I need a super expert at German Culture in WWII

Lilmissflamethrower

I am writing a paper and I need my facts checked. Does anyone have solid info about German culture and people under the Third Reich?

My paper is going to be a little controversial so I need to make sure I know what the hell I am saying.

Thanks

Although I have trouble finding the link.

Personally, I do know an abundant amount of facts about the culture and the people under the Third Reich. Quite disturbing though interesting.

Thanks

There was no link. Today is deadline so I have to get it in. I basically stated I felt the German people themselves should not be so harshly judged. That they had about as much choice as the people living under Stalin did.

I then went on to give examples of what horrible stuff would happen to anyone who complained about Hitler.

Thanks!

Nazism is somewhat a religious belief especially as a strict military organization. Adolf Hitler was praised as a demigod by the fanatical Nazis Followers. Children were taken away by train to camps for the Hitler Youth Programs.

The Hitler Youth Programs are divided differently depending on Sex.

Males were often set into groups like fresh recruiters. Marching, drilling, taking school courses that often project racsist ideologies, and also field practice. They were basically preparing these young boys to becoime Germany's Legions of soldiers, loyal and obedient to the Fuhrer.

Females were often seen as mothers. Since the dramatic drop of male population from the Great War, the Nazis Party organized programs to persuade or sometimes force women to bear children. It is not rare for a German woman to bear 5-6 Children and have multiple husbands from the SS (Security Echelon).

When referring to Children, the Nazis Party knows that their future lays in the hands of the younger Generation and done every possible way to convert them to loyal Nazis. By doing that, the Nazis Party promoted films that encourages children to Protest against their parents. It also includes "News Reels" depicting the glory of battle. Racsists messages against Jewish Populations and Blacks are consistant in these films.

But deep within the Nazis Culture is fanatical pride of the ancient Germanic and Nordic Culture. Old Gods such as Thor and many others were revived. Not surprisingly, Hitler's all time composer is Richard Wagner who written various operas depicting characters directly from Nordic Culture.

My paper is about the citizens who wern't Nazis. My paper is about the measures the Third Reich took to brainwash people, and if there were any dissenters, the penalty those people would pay.

It also went into the fact that the children of the Hitler Youth were pretty much brainwashed.

Hitler started out as a politician intent on winning elections in a country wounded by the loss of a war. He played upon people's anger at Germany's WWI peace movement - mostly leftist intellectuals, communists, and religious liberals.

He eventually won those elections.

Re: Thanks

Lilmissflamethrower said:
There was no link. Today is deadline so I have to get it in. I basically stated I felt the German people themselves should not be so harshly judged. That they had about as much choice as the people living under Stalin did.

I then went on to give examples of what horrible stuff would happen to anyone who complained about Hitler.

Thanks!

Hello there.

Did you find much evidence for people not in special interest groups, like Communists, Jews and so on that did complain about Hitler? And if they did what use it would have been? When a leader is elected most of the population tends to get behind him/her. Consider the re-election of George W. Bush who was in essence voted in by less than half of the population yet represents all of them. Would the majority of people who either didn't vote or voted for John Kerry be considered traitorous if they didn't get behind the President, especially at a time of war?

I wonder if you considered in your paper the fact that most Germans who were of so-called Aryan stock might have been quite content under Hitler's regime, at least to begin with. In the early years of WW2 Hitler was careful not to place undue pressures on the civilian population by not mobilising German industry onto a war footing. This harmed his war machine of course but Hitler was trying to be too clever I think by assuming he could both wage a war and minimize any possible dissent at home.

Did you also consider the changes in the fortune of war for Germany that would also have affected the civilian population's attitude?

IMO there's no way that the majority of the German people should be on any way judged harshly so I agree with you. The fact is though that Hitler was elected by enough of the German people to get him into power, albeit with a lot of shenanigans along the way.

book

That is what my essay is about, how everyone thinks he had all of Germany behind him but he didnt.

I went into detail about all the different groups he targeted, political, religious, gypsies, homosexuals and disabled.

The Hitler Youth and the military was madatory. There were a lot of people against Hitler but speaking out could and would get you killed or in prison.

Also, the propaganda and brainwashing was enormous. A lot of people had to rely on the government's version of news because to listen to any or read any non-sanctioned media was a serious crime.

You might want to look into the "White Rose" organization as well. This was the German resistance movement.

Consider the re-election of George W. Bush who was in essence voted in by less than half of the population yet represents all of them.

Actually, Doppleganger, it was Bush 49.4%, Kerry 48.7%, and the rest was for other candidates such as Nader for the popular vote. So your statement is somewhat deceptive. Bush won the majority of the electorate.

Re: book

Lilmissflamethrower said:
That is what my essay is about, how everyone thinks he had all of Germany behind him but he didnt.

I went into detail about all the different groups he targeted, political, religious, gypsies, homosexuals and disabled.

The Hitler Youth and the military was madatory. There were a lot of people against Hitler but speaking out could and would get you killed or in prison.

Also, the propaganda and brainwashing was enormous. A lot of people had to rely on the government's version of news because to listen to any or read any non-sanctioned media was a serious crime.

since I lived under slobodan milosevic regime I can see some simularities between this two guys. the question is not how many people suported them, but how many people remained silent because they were scared. one of first things that both of this guys did when they came to power was killing or placing their political oponents behind the bars. that was example for those who were planing to say something against them. then you add verry agresive propaganda, invent some foreign enemy that would be danger for you beloved country... this kind of things are specialy effective in times when economic situation is bad and ordinary people have problems to feed their families. then they are loking for some new mesiah and it is easy to lie to them.

Charge_7 said:
You might want to look into the "White Rose" organization as well. This was the German resistance movement.

Consider the re-election of George W. Bush who was in essence voted in by less than half of the population yet represents all of them.

Actually, Doppleganger, it was Bush 49.4%, Kerry 48.7%, and the rest was for other candidates such as Nader for the popular vote. So your statement is somewhat deceptive. Bush won the majority of the electorate.

Well 49.4% of the electorate who voted. If you express the vote for Bush as a % of the total electorate it's going to be a good deal less than 49.4%. The voting turnout was 59.6% of the eligible population. (Source: Committee for the Study of the American Electorate, 2004). Anyway. It's the same in pretty much every democracy. I didn't want to imply that there was anything fundamentally flawed about the US Presidential system.

BTW Serbianpower, is that you in your avatar pic? If so, you look suspiciously like Ron Jeremy. :D

[quote="
BTW Serbianpower, is that you in your avatar pic? If so, you look suspiciously like Ron Jeremy. :D[/quote]

yup that is Ron. I am not that fat :) but we have some other things in common. you can see that he raised 3 fingers, that is serbian national salute. some guys from belgrade met him in the states. peace

Back