Need some help from the well-traveled and Europeans

Redneck

Is there a secret way to get around Europe by rail/bus/donkey that doesn't involve a Europass/Eurailpass? I'm trying to get to Denmark and it will cost me $200 less to fly into Amsterdam, but I'd spend around $300 on train tickets to get from there to Hostelbro, my final destination. Any information would be welcomed.

Just need to get my hick butt into the big DK. :cowb:

Where in Denmark are you going to?

I can try to find the cheapest alternative if I know what city you are going to.

Didn't you mean Holstebro??
I can't find any place in Denmark called Hostelbro...

I have tried to search for train and bus travels from Amsterdam to Holstebro, and I think that the 200$ you save on flying to Amsterdam is not worth it....

A train trip from Schiphol, Amsterdam Airport, to Holstebro takes from 15 to 17 hours... :?
And you have to change train 3-7 times.

I can't get the price on the internet, but I would guess that you have to pay at least 100-150$ for a round trip to Amsterdam-Holstebro..

When are you planning to go to Denmark, and what are you going to do there? (If you don't mind me asking.... :) )

If you like cheap flights, take British airways, but the service really sucks. (Took me a combined 16 hours to get from Heathrow to BWI)

Oops, sorry, it is Holstebro. My little sister is doing foreign exchange there, and I'm going to spend spring break with her. So I'll be there from 21Mar to 27Mar, and nothing is really planned except painting the town red. :cheers:
Thank you for the information, looks like the time I would lose isn't worth the hundred or so dollars I'd save.

And GuyontheRight, I actually found the cheapest air fair yet with SAS and United, it's going to be only around $730 for a round-trip ticket, but thank you for the tip.

hopping freight trains is the only other thing i can think of but ya gotta be REALLY fast to catch them.

Well after hearing that it would take a full day by train (I mean, come on, I thought you Europeans had lightspeed trains what with your eurorail :wink: :lol: ), since I only have 6 days there, I don't want to cut that two days shorter by going by rail.

Redneck said:
Well after hearing that it would take a full day by train (I mean, come on, I thought you Europeans had lightspeed trains what with your eurorail :wink: :lol: ), since I only have 6 days there, I don't want to cut that two days shorter by going by rail.

i spent 3 years in Germany that's why i say you have to be REALLY fast to catch a freight train.

Haha, hey I don't doubt it, when I was in Italy, I think the first week I missed at least three trains.

Back