Need some help from fellow members

justin1552

Hurr Durr
Ok, I have a game called Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin.

I'm having trouble on the campaign. Can someone go to this link and look in the Campaign guide. Find Chapter 22, and please be so kind as to copy and paste the text from that guide to a reply in this thread. I may also request other Chapters over time so please keep an eye out.

If anyone does they will have my eternal gratitude.

Here's the link:
http://guides.ign.com/guides/949669/

Ok, I have a game called Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin.

I'm having trouble on the campaign. Can someone go to this link and look in the Campaign guide. Find Chapter 22, and please be so kind as to copy and paste the text from that guide to a reply in this thread. I may also request other Chapters over time so please keep an eye out.

If anyone does they will have my eternal gratitude.

Here's the link:
http://guides.ign.com/guides/949669/

What an annoying website.
I assume this is what you are after...

Chapter 22: The Great Owl
AWARS075.jpg
The layout of this map appears pretty open, but every turn, a large bomb is dropped on the center of the field. While this bomb will not destroy units already down to their last hit-point, it will weaken them severely, and there is no incentive to send units into the midfield. Since a river on the north side of the midfield prevents all but Infantry from passing, the southern border is the only main choke point for this stage.
As with Chapter 20, you're going to want to employ a steamroll strategy, amassing a large force, and pushing through slowly. Lost of Artillery, some War Tanks, and a few Anti-Tanks are a good backbone for your force, and bring some bikes up in the rear to make captures as you go.
The buildings in the center can be captured, since your units will never be completely destroyed, but it's a slow process with very little pay off. The only incentive beyond a slight boost in resources is the possibility of baiting enemies into the blast area, but with only one factory available this is not advisable.
AWARS076.jpg
The northern border is easily defended, since only infantry can pass, but the enemy may get aggressive with this territory all the same, so keep an AA around. It's generally a waste of resources to try to actually use this air point, since it will be in range of enemy Missiles until it's no longer needed.
You'll need to push your caravan right into the corner, capturing any buildings along the way and repairing your units as needed When you break through to the southeast side, squat on the factory to keep them from producing more units, and then bring in one of your Bikes to capture it, the first chance you get.
With the factory captured, your life becomes a lot easier for the final push. It's ok to turtle a bit, now. Send some cheap reinforcements over from the other side of the map while you take over the nearby cities, repair your units, and build Rockets and War Tanks.
The final push isn't terribly difficult. Keep War Tanks out in front with Rockets behind them, and use the Rockets as your main offense. Chip away at them this way, rotating out the War Tanks for repairs periodically and bringing in new ones. The small anti-air squad guarding the river will never get aggressive, so save them for last.

Personally I would try this site and see if it is any better:
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6185208/index.html

Precisely what I needed. I'll go home and post future chapters myself so I can review them at school when I have nothing to do. Thank you for the service, Monty.

It is. I'd reccommend getting the first one, and beat that though first. But with the The version i'm talking about it's an entirely new storyline so it may work for ya.

Back