Need a price on this gun

armlesscadet

duke of milforum slayer
Springfield 16 gauge double barrel shotgun Pat. APR 20-1915. If needed I can get a picture and serial numbers of it. I just need a price of it thanks in advance.

armlesscadet said:
Springfield 16 gauge double barrel shotgun Pat. APR 20-1915. If needed I can get a picture and serial numbers of it. I just need a price of it thanks in advance.

5.56, Luis, can give you the most info on firearms

Well, I need to see pictures on it and also I need to do some research on that model of shotgun.

The price on a used firearm depends on the model and type, the condition, and the company that made it.

Well aparently my camera is broken so I wont be able to get any pictures but i will describe it best I can.
Shotgun
Serial # 198540 on barrel and stock
Springfield Arms company
Chicope Falls, Mass USA
PAT. APRIL 20, 1915
16 GA
Double Barrel
Double Trigger
It hasnt been fired in 20+ years
I believe it is a mohagany or cherry wood but I honestly dont know the exact wood.
Blue steel barrel

That is all the information I have for now but when I can I will try to get a picture but like i said before my camera is not working right now for some reason.

Is the blueing in 99% condition? Do you see spots of rust on the barrel or other metal parts? Is the stock in fine condition, no cuts or scratches in the wood? Also, do all the parts fit nicely together, and do they work? Is there play between the stock and reciever?

It's information like that is what make sthe price of the shotgun. Also, it sounds like it another normal hunting shotgun of the period (Early 1920s). There isn't a high demand on those. So your price might not be that high anyways even if it is in great condition.

Im wanting to say around moderate rust around the trigger area but the stock is in great condition no scratches and how would I know if the blueing is in 99% condition.

honestly I still dont know the percentage or how to find out. I believe that a pawn shop owner a while back said something between 100$-500$ but I honestly do not trust pawn shop owners even if its true I would like a 2nd opinion on it wich is why i posted on here.

The best way for me to tell is by is photos of it.

You want to take pictures of the gun.

Take a picture of the whole gun. And close up all over. Like the rear stock. The receiver, the trigger group, the barrel, the forward stock. Open the gun and take a picture of the breech. Also take a picture of the muzzle (front end of the barrel), also try and take a picture of the inside of the both barrels.

Judging it's value is done by sight. Sorry, but that's about it.

If you can't take a picture. Discribe those parts that I expland for you to take a picture of. Is there pitting in the barrel or on the metal (rusting)? If there is no pitting in the barrel, it would be 100% smooth on the inside.

Well i can take photos of it with my cell phone and text message to you if its needed but right now I am about to go to bed for the night so I would have to do it tomarrow after practice

Back