Need Naval Aviator Assistance

bonobo

I have written a novel about the Marine Security Guard Det and the takeover of the US embassy in New Delhi in the near future. Several of the chapters take place aboard the USS Reagan, and one is in a F-22 Raptor. And I feel these chapters are quite weak. I just don't have the background to feel confident in writing them. So I would really appreciate it if someone could take a look at them and let me know some better terminology or ships characterstics to give this better verismilitude.

Any, any help would be appreciated.

The chapters in question are 31, 37, 41, and 50.

They can be found on my personal website http://www.thefewthebook.com/ . This is not a commercial website--nothing is for sale there!

Anyone else who wants to comment on any aspect of the novel is also very welcome.

Thanks!

Sir,

I'm by no means a naval aviator, but the Navy doesn't have any plans to fly F-22s in the foreseeable future. You might be better off writing in a Rhino or F-35.

Don't know much about Naval Avaitors. But I did read the first few chapters.

1. The MSG det SNCOIC and OIC (if present) would be coordinating with the Embassy RSO (Regional Security Officer) and his detail of agents from State Department Bureau of Diplomatic Security Services.

2. Besides the post standers at however many posts. The MSG det would maintain a react-force in the guard room under the SOG to react to the breach point. And in the event of this type of visit the entire Det would be at Stand To.
Exterior posts would most likely be double manned by Marines and augmented by ethier USSS advance team members or DSS agents.

3. The Sam Adams thing.....well a good Marine would have his beers piggy backed on State's load of booze. He'd make friends. State is always having booze shipped into embassy's.

Two great posts. THanks!

I feel pretty stupid about the F-22! :)

And I will make some changes using the DSS and USSS

Last edited:
Back