need medical advice for my son

prouddad

My son is new in the Army and stationed at Benning in 75th Ranger reg.
He has been diagnosed with ulcerative colitus. Will this keep him from fulfilling his dream and deploying as a Ranger?:?:

My son is new in the Army and is at Benning with the 75th Ranger regiment. He has been recently diagnosed with ulcerative colitus. Will this keep him from remaining in the 75th.:crybaby:

Last edited by a moderator:
My son is new in the Army and is at Benning with the 75th Ranger regiment. He has been recently diagnosed with ulcerative colitus. Will this keep him from remaining in the 75th.:crybaby:

Only case I've heard about regarding this is a midshipman who was medically discharged last year for the same thing. It's waiverable, but he couldn't slog through the paperwork in time to keep his scholarship. Your son might have more luck, but get on it quickly.

It's not relevant to your case, but we have two programs: College and Scholarship.

College programmers aren't technically in the Navy and are paying for school by themselves. Scholarship students have their entire tuition paid for. In this guy's case, he couldn't afford to stay in the school without the scholarship, so he dropped out. After he did that, he had no ability to get a waiver for his condition. Like I said, that part isn't applicable to your son's problem.

Maybe you should consider asking that question at a website that is more qualified in giving medical advice? Or maybe even to a doctor?

Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
386 Park Avenue South, 17th floor
New York, NY 10016–8804
Phone: 1–800–932–2423 or 212–685–3440
Fax: 212–779–4098
Email: info@ccfa.org
Internet: www.ccfa.org

You can also access disease specific education, treatment information, and support via our Information Resource Center at 888.MY.GUT.PAIN (888.694.8872). Call us and speak to a master's level health professional today!

Last edited:
Back