Need Help




 
--
 
April 30th, 2006  
Rob Henderson
 
 

Topic: Need Help


I have a 7-page report due on the life of President Grant. Since he was pre-WWI, this is the place. Could ya'll give me some good links or known facts? I would appreciate it.

Henderson
April 30th, 2006  
Ted
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by C/1Lt Henderson
I have a 7-page report due on the life of President Grant. Since he was pre-WWI, this is the place. Could ya'll give me some good links or known facts? I would appreciate it.

Henderson
All I can tell you that he had the pretty name Edmond Montague Grant and scored only one number 1 hit with " I don't wanna dance". But you can find loads about this guy..... so no worries mate!
May 1st, 2006  
bulldogg
 
 
Where do you want to start?
Alcoholic?
Failed personal life?
Complete lack of an understanding of battlefield tactics?
Corrupt politics?
I'm not a fan of the person. He may have been willing to fight but his methods were tantamount to operating a sausage factory.
--
May 2nd, 2006  
Fox
 
 
LOL^^^ He was last general of civil war for Union. Rest of Union generals were fired by Abe Lincoln.
May 2nd, 2006  
Rob Henderson
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
Where do you want to start?
Alcoholic?
Failed personal life?
Complete lack of an understanding of battlefield tactics?
Corrupt politics?
I'm not a fan of the person. He may have been willing to fight but his methods were tantamount to operating a sausage factory.

well youve pointed out the negatives... btw he had a wife..is that considered failed personal life? And 4 kids with her.
May 3rd, 2006  
bulldogg
 
 
Read about it and you'll make your own decision. By all accounts prior to the war he was a dismal failure in everything he tried.
May 6th, 2006  
Rob Henderson
 
 
His attack on the Fort at Vicksburg is considered to be one of the best military tactics of military history...
May 7th, 2006  
Duty Honor Country
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
Read about it and you'll make your own decision. By all accounts prior to the war he was a dismal failure in everything he tried.
Yes, make your own opinin supported by the facts.

As a history major, I have grown to lothe internet sources on history. Anybody and their mother could post something and call it history. Books should be your main source of study unless you hit up official historical documents on the www. The more footnotes a book or source has, the better that source should be. Get use to skimming though a book. I have learned to skim a 300 page book in an hour or so. Stop and read anything of importance. Write down that idea with page number on a piece a paper and move on. That way you have a written reference to where the important ideas are.
May 7th, 2006  
Rob Henderson
 
 
AVL(alabama virtual library) is what i use the most. Its basically an online library. It has full books and newspaper articles and magazine articles etc. Its great because it counts as a book source, but i dont have to check out a book to get it...Very convienient for someone without a licence or a car...