Need Help

I have a 7-page report due on the life of President Grant. Since he was pre-WWI, this is the place. Could ya'll give me some good links or known facts? I would appreciate it.

Henderson

C/1Lt Henderson said:
I have a 7-page report due on the life of President Grant. Since he was pre-WWI, this is the place. Could ya'll give me some good links or known facts? I would appreciate it.

Henderson

All I can tell you that he had the pretty name Edmond Montague Grant and scored only one number 1 hit with " I don't wanna dance". But you can find loads about this guy..... so no worries mate!

Where do you want to start?
Alcoholic?
Failed personal life?
Complete lack of an understanding of battlefield tactics?
Corrupt politics?
I'm not a fan of the person. He may have been willing to fight but his methods were tantamount to operating a sausage factory.

LOL^^^ He was last general of civil war for Union. Rest of Union generals were fired by Abe Lincoln.

bulldogg said:
Where do you want to start?
Alcoholic?
Failed personal life?
Complete lack of an understanding of battlefield tactics?
Corrupt politics?
I'm not a fan of the person. He may have been willing to fight but his methods were tantamount to operating a sausage factory.

well youve pointed out the negatives... btw he had a wife..is that considered failed personal life? And 4 kids with her.

Read about it and you'll make your own decision. By all accounts prior to the war he was a dismal failure in everything he tried.

bulldogg said:
Read about it and you'll make your own decision. By all accounts prior to the war he was a dismal failure in everything he tried.

Yes, make your own opinin supported by the facts.

As a history major, I have grown to lothe internet sources on history. Anybody and their mother could post something and call it history. Books should be your main source of study unless you hit up official historical documents on the www. The more footnotes a book or source has, the better that source should be. Get use to skimming though a book. I have learned to skim a 300 page book in an hour or so. Stop and read anything of importance. Write down that idea with page number on a piece a paper and move on. That way you have a written reference to where the important ideas are.

AVL(alabama virtual library) is what i use the most. Its basically an online library. It has full books and newspaper articles and magazine articles etc. Its great because it counts as a book source, but i dont have to check out a book to get it...Very convienient for someone without a licence or a car...

Back