Need help joining the USMC

edgenaka

I have a situation and dont know the best way to go about i want to join the USMC badly im not some punk kid who played a few video games and watched movies and decides they want to be special forces but i do have my reasons for wanting to be a soldier i tryed to inlist in the army but i have a criminal record from when i was a juvie so a friend told me to try the marines my recruiter tried to back door me and simply say nothing about my record it didnt work he said i can try again but i dont know if that is true and if so what is the best way i can go about doing it i have also considered joining a PMC but in addition to them not hiring rookies if heard some horror stories about ppl with no experience joining pmc and ending up in some 3rd world hell whole getting shot at for nothing i want to fight but not like that also if anyone knows any country that excepts foriegners into its ranks and would be willing to excuse my record i dont mind relocating thanks in advance for the advice

edgenaka, for your criminal record it will depend on the severity of the offense. for the most part you will have to let your recruiter know what the offese was, you will also have to get a waiver because of your offense. keep in mind that, however severe the offense is, it will limit your ability to choose your MOS for the fact that you security clearance will be compromised. dont expect to get an MOS that deals with secret or top secret security clearances...just something you will need to talk to you recruiter about...as for soldiers....i dont think the Marine Corps has any, i know they have Marines....maybe i should do some more digging about that...
OOOORAH Semper Fi

Ive heard most charges as long as they are not drug charges are easily waived but im not sure my recruiter mentioned something about a battalion level waiver but i have no idea what that means also he said the tattoos i have look gang related he says that combined with my charges make it almost a no go the charges were a a burgalry and a firearms charge he said the main reason why the waiver is probably not going to happen is the way the court wrote up the charges and ive heard a thing or two about the french foreign legion is that really an option i mean could i actually get in any one with any experience

Current Tattoo regs say no gang related ink. If your ink is gang related, have it removed.

Back