need help identifying a medal / ribbon

First I thought it was Belgian but the colours are reversed. Belgian is Black-yellow-red. The name on top is Neudecker which could be German. But the German colours are black-red-yellow. The name is also engraved so it must be something personal. Maybe from a company? I don't think military medals were engraved with the name. On the other hand the color yellow might have been white and changed of age. My wife helps people alot with searching the internet. I've given the pictures to her. Maybe she is succesfull. I'll let you know.

Until 1918 this was the German flag.
So, if the yellow have been white and changed of age it may be German.

Is it possible to give the meaurements of that ribbon? Also , do you know if your ancestors (if it belonged to one) were from Germany? The word Jena is a town in the US but also in Germany, the one in Spain probably hasn't anything to do with the ribbon. We keep on searching :D

Hello again!
Before I start I want to take a moment to thank y'all for helping, it is really awesome to know there are still good people out in the world.

Here are some picks with measurements
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/6/0/4/9/2/4/webimg/511815952_o.jpg
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/6/0/4/9/2/4/webimg/511816011_o.jpg

and yes what does appear to be yellow in the pictures was indeed white at some point it is clear in daylight.

The story my grandma told me before she gave it to me was that my grandpa brought it back from WWII. However he served in the Pacific pacific theater, she said that he said he got it by trading other guys when they where in some kind of deployment center or return center guys from both theaters of war would be there and they would swap stuff with each other. This would explain why he had Nazi, French, English and Japanese medals and currency.

Beyond that I can't find a thing about it. every other medal or pin or trinket I have found out exactly what it is but this one has got me stumped

If it helps any I think the medal is heavily tarnished silver, it is non magnetic and still has a light shine under the tarnish.

Thanks again!

It looks very much like a belguim service medal.

Ill get a mate who has a head for these things tomorrow.

Interesting, it appears to be some kind of ribbon given as a reward to a member of a German student fraternity, the old school type with banners, beer and fencing (mensur) as a kind of cement making bonds even stronger.

As far as my rudimentary knowledge of the German language can tell, this student fraternity was established in 1872 and had it's seat in Jena and was abolished by the nazi regime in 1935/1936.

Back