Need help with Flight

C/2nd Lt Robot

For about three weeks now I have been a Flight Sgt at my squadron, and i am having a hard time with my flight. Mainly because our Flight Commander (if you want to call him that) has left us out in the cold, and i have no idea what to do with them or how to motivate them to do stuff. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Have a platoon meeting and let them know where you stand and what is expected of them..

That is what i did when i took over a new platoon when i was on active duty.

Get to know your personell,streingths and weekness and then get every one on the same sheet of music.

si6

nulli secundus said:
For about three weeks now I have been a Flight Sgt at my squadron, and i am having a hard time with my flight. Mainly because our Flight Commander (if you want to call him that) has left us out in the cold, and i have no idea what to do with them or how to motivate them to do stuff. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Yes, i feel your pain. Umm... would this be air force or CAP or AFJROTC?

Another thing, give them a reason to. Find out what they like to do, but don't directly come out and ask. Teach them a funky motivation chant with funky motions to do (when there is no one around lol). I still have yet to be happy enough with my cadets to teach them ours.

I'm a c/cc in CAP btw.

nulli secundus said:
Civil Air Patrol, C/Ssgt also

Well, then, thats just awesomeness!!! Ok, first, have you read the CAPR 52-16? Its Cadet Programs Management. Read that and get back to me. Thats my project for the next few days. ALso, in your leadership book, go back and review. You should see mine, it has marks and notes everywhere. Since you have already tested on phase 1, thinking outside the box is ok. Before you do cumulative testing on things tho, keep it inside, otherwise you forget the word for word thing NHQ has going on with those tests.

ANy more questions, feel free to IM or e-mail me.

Back