Need help with desert combat boots.

justin1552

Hurr Durr
I just got some new combat boots, my first pair of desert ones. I'm not sure of the brand. The sole as an R on it. and The sole pattern looks like this: http://uscav.com/Productinfo.aspx?productID=8997&TabID=548

Well, I'm breaking them in, at the bus stop this morning, no problem. As the day went on, I started getting pain in both my heels. It's become very painful. I tried tightening the laces, but my heels are still slipping and the pain is still there. I used to wear the old black jungle combat boots and never had any problems. Any tips on how to keep this from happening again? Oh, and in case this info helps, i'm wearing regular hanes socks.

yes a change of socks will help, also try some boot insoles they help out as well with the pounding over the day. Sounds like they might be a tad bit too big as well.

I'm get some thicker socks and I may actually put like 2 cloths behind my heel to keep it from rubbing against the boot. If those don't work, I'll go back to the old polished black boots.

Back