Need help with Air Force

Bacara

I want to know everything there is to know about the air force and the life entiles, as i want to make a very educated disicion on whether to enlist or not, and anything about a aerospace mechanic job thanks

I want to know everything there is to know about the air force and the life entiles, as i want to make a very educated disicion on whether to enlist or not, and anything about a aerospace mechanic job thanks

I'd probably put this question in the right forum. Ie the "Joining the military" forum where the questions go. BUT, before I did that I'd probably take a few moments and read over my question. THEN I'd say to myself, "self, this is a verrrrryyyyy general question, let me do just a little research on Google and then come back and ask some more specific and informed questions."

So, go do some research, find some jobs that interest you. Then come back and ask your question (don't forget to use the right forum) and I promise if no one else will, I"ll answer your questions. (disclaimer: as long as you've done basic research and asked intelligent questions) :wink:

Took care of that little 'wrong place' issue for you.

That being said, take PJ's advice and do some research.

i want ot know about the freedoms, time off, pay, living condtions, and then about the aerospace maintence from some in the field if possible

i want ot know about the freedoms, time off, pay, living condtions, and then about the aerospace maintence from some in the field if possible

I can help you with the freedoms. They are brought to you by the men and women who have served their country regardless of pay, time off, and living conditions.

You didn't do what I said. So no answers for you! :jump:

Well he's looking for time off, freedom, living conditions, pay (fast promotion!) and is looking to enlist in the Air Force so I would say that this gentleman HAS done his homework!

Well he's looking for time off, freedom, living conditions, pay (fast promotion!) and is looking to enlist in the Air Force so I would say that this gentleman HAS done his homework!

Except USAF isn't known for fast promotions. :wink:

I can help you with the freedoms. They are brought to you by the men and women who have served their country regardless of pay, time off, and living conditions.
yes but im joining the services, but which one is the best for me, also im not going to be a combat infantry.

i want to know if leave is hard to take or easy, the food and housing, and how much one can customize your room? I was asking for any former or current air force guys to help me out, not a recruiter. Thanks

Bacara: I think what these gents are trying to tell you is that you are looking to join for all the wrong reasons.
SERVE your country is just that, service.
What you get out of it in the selfish end is secondary.

I am not saying POG, FOBBIT or REMF units aren´t needed, just asking why this is your first choice?

As to your original question.
You will get leave when your CoC thinks they can spare you.
You will be provided living space, if you have other options you will get informed about it.
You will eat what your comrades eat and you will live with your comrades.
I reckon you will be allowed to have a plant (Not sure about the plant though..)

You will furthermore get a chance to serve your country, fire a weapon and maybe even blow sh't up.
Live in close proximity with other men and get sand in your kit.
If you are lucky you will also get the opportunity to represent your country on the field of battle, and do your mom and dad proud..
Now, doesn´t THAT sound like fun?

KJ sends..

Bacara: I think what these gents are trying to tell you is that you are looking to join for all the wrong reasons.
SERVE your country is just that, service.
What you get out of it in the selfish end is secondary.

I am not saying POG, FOBBIT or REMF units aren´t needed, just asking why this is your first choice?

As to your original question.
You will get leave when your CoC thinks they can spare you.
You will be provided living space, if you have other options you will get informed about it.
You will eat what your comrades eat and you will live with your comrades.
I reckon you will be allowed to have a plant (Not sure about the plant though..)

You will furthermore get a chance to serve your country, fire a weapon and maybe even blow sh't up.
Live in close proximity with other men and get sand in your kit.
If you are lucky you will also get the opportunity to represent your country on the field of battle, and do your mom and dad proud..
Now, doesn´t THAT sound like fun?

KJ sends..

that is the main reason i am going to join, but know i wont to choice which service, which is why i wont to know all these questions, also im looking at the military as a job and way to my education, also im hopefully not going into frontline infantry, but if thats where they stick me, hey whatever, and thanks for the answers, and blowin **** up sounds like a fun :m16shoot::firedevi:

that is the main reason i am going to join, but know i wont to choice which service, which is why i wont to know all these questions, also im looking at the military as a job and way to my education, also im hopefully not going into frontline infantry, but if thats where they stick me, hey whatever, and thanks for the answers, and blowin **** up sounds like a fun :m16shoot::firedevi:

Kid, just do what you were told. Go to Google.com and start researching. It's not hard at all. Then come back and you'll be able to ask educated questions. The military ain't gonna hold your hand son, you're going to have to be a big little man and do some leg work on your own.

The stuff you are asking is EASILY answering on a recruiting website or on Google.

You don't even know what jobs are available. So get to it.

Kid, just do what you were told. Go to Google.com and start researching. It's not hard at all. Then come back and you'll be able to ask educated questions. The military ain't gonna hold your hand son, you're going to have to be a big little man and do some leg work on your own.

The stuff you are asking is EASILY answering on a recruiting website or on Google.

You don't even know what jobs are available. So get to it.

ok, i maybe young, inexprienced and sometimes ignorant, but im far from stupid, im quite aware of the jobs, the job that im most interested in is aerospace maintence, also i want the anwers of actual people in the military, not a recruiting website as they are always biased, i have read them all and the airforce seems to me the best choice but as i said i want first hand account of how things actually are. Like are the rooms as nice as they make them out to be? Is your requests for leave often denied? Is their a variety of foods available on base? Also how hard is basic? I need to know just how hard i need to train, as im starting to jog/run two miles a day after track practice. And of course theres a weight/height reguirment and im almost 30 pounds over, even though im in shape and am an athlete. Thanks

ok, i maybe young, inexprienced and sometimes ignorant, but im far from stupid, im quite aware of the jobs, the job that im most interested in is aerospace maintence, also i want the anwers of actual people in the military, not a recruiting website as they are always biased, i have read them all and the airforce seems to me the best choice but as i said i want first hand account of how things actually are. Like are the rooms as nice as they make them out to be? Is your requests for leave often denied? Is their a variety of foods available on base? Also how hard is basic? I need to know just how hard i need to train, as im starting to jog/run two miles a day after track practice. And of course theres a weight/height reguirment and im almost 30 pounds over, even though im in shape and am an athlete. Thanks

When you get advice from people who are in you are going to second guess them?
How nice the rooms are, doesn´t matter.
How often you get leave, you will be told once there.
What you eat will not matter, you will get enough so you don´t starv.
If you are overweight, work at it.
Don´t ask how much work will I have to do..Work as hard as you can.

This is the deal.
You are not there to slack through it, you are there to hopefully bring something to the table.
You know, as in not get, but give.

Get over it or don´t sign the papers. Simple as that.

KJ sends...

Back