Need help with Air Force

I have never served in the AF, I was in the Army, however my brother in law has been in the AF for about 4 years now. He is stationed at Dover AFB, and we stayed with them for about a week so I know a little about your questions.

Living condition--- He is married and has a child, and the AF has given him a Very Large and VERY nice 3 bedroom apt to live in.

Food- Well you basically eat what you want, besides for training. Chow hall is an all you can eat buffet regardless of branch of service. However once your out of training you can just cook something, or go out and eat.

Work Hours and Leave- From what I've seen he works from 9-5 and gets leave days basically when ever he asks. Typical I figure for a office type job, of medical logistics.

Basically it's going to be simple as simple can be. I think you are thinking to hard into this. It's not going to be Rambo crap, you aren't going to be blowing stuff up, like you stated earlier in a post. You will basically just go to work and come home, like a normal job.

Forgot to add some things.....

If you however can't find things on your own. Can't employ the use of Google, which can basically find answers to the meaning of life itself, And can't use some Common Sense. I would wait a few years before even thinking of Joining the military. If you go into it thinking that your going to have "FUN" or its going to be a great job, don't be dissapointed when your countless hours of training for your specialty is wasted scrubbing a toilet that was all ready clean.

When you get advice from people who are in you are going to second guess them?
How nice the rooms are, doesn´t matter.
How often you get leave, you will be told once there.
What you eat will not matter, you will get enough so you don´t starv.
If you are overweight, work at it.
Don´t ask how much work will I have to do..Work as hard as you can.

This is the deal.
You are not there to slack through it, you are there to hopefully bring something to the table.
You know, as in not get, but give.

Get over it or don´t sign the papers. Simple as that.

KJ sends...

ok i not a slack, in training for this i run 2 miles a day, and im increasing this every week, also yes this stuff does matter very much as i want to live comfortably im sorry, i know training is going to be hard but im a wrestler and football player i have some exprience with hard work. So please stop assuming i some stupid 16 year old who just trying a easy way out ok, i work hard at what i do on a daily basis, which is track currently. Thank you

I have never served in the AF, I was in the Army, however my brother in law has been in the AF for about 4 years now. He is stationed at Dover AFB, and we stayed with them for about a week so I know a little about your questions.

Living condition--- He is married and has a child, and the AF has given him a Very Large and VERY nice 3 bedroom apt to live in.

Food- Well you basically eat what you want, besides for training. Chow hall is an all you can eat buffet regardless of branch of service. However once your out of training you can just cook something, or go out and eat.

Work Hours and Leave- From what I've seen he works from 9-5 and gets leave days basically when ever he asks. Typical I figure for a office type job, of medical logistics.

Basically it's going to be simple as simple can be. I think you are thinking to hard into this. It's not going to be Rambo crap, you aren't going to be blowing stuff up, like you stated earlier in a post. You will basically just go to work and come home, like a normal job.

Thank you this has been what ive been trying to get, wow, i only got castrated by everyone.....

Thank you this has been what ive been trying to get, wow, i only got castrated by everyone.....

I hope you think that's what all of the AF is and every job is like. :firedevi:

There is a reason people told you to do your own research, you will need to learn to be a big boy one day. And as it stands now, you didn't get near the answers from the resources you have available here as you could have had you not been lazy.

I hope you think that's what all of the AF is and every job is like. :firedevi:

There is a reason people told you to do your own research, you will need to learn to be a big boy one day. And as it stands now, you didn't get near the answers from the resources you have available here as you could have had you not been lazy.
ive spent HOURS researching, im a big boy, i still need to mature a little yes, as does every kid my age, all i asked was for the real opinions of people in the air force or out of it, not some recruiters bull

ive spent HOURS researching, im a big boy, i still need to mature a little yes, as does every kid my age, all i asked was for the real opinions of people in the air force or out of it, not some recruiters bull

Like I said, every question you asked could have been answered through doing a very simple search on Google. Continuing to argue about it just continues to show what we said at the beginning. You have no interest in doing any legwork yourself. Now just let it go or come back and ask intelligent/informed questions and get some answers.

You going to argue with your TIs? When you're instructed to do something are you going to attempt to debate about it? If so, you might want to stay in the civilian world.

i want ot know about the freedoms, time off, pay, living condtions, and then about the aerospace maintence from some in the field if possible

I just retired with 20 years 2 months 1 day. My father-in-law said AF was the most family-oriented of the branches. I think they still have better living accomodations than the others but there deployment tempo has definitely caught up with them. Used to be you had that 1 year remote assignment to look forward to. Now, they can send you out for 6 months every 15 or so, or worse...cops are on a 6 month out/6 month back rotation. Deployed in 2002 & we lived in tents at bare base in Saudi. Had laundry services available & showered daily. Heard the Army only allowed for showers every 3 days & they disposed of the 'waste' instead of contracted out life the AF did.

Pretty much what I heard as well.
I had this ex-Marine gym teacher in high school who was trying to talk out a guy thinking of joining the Marines. Basically said, why would you want to go through all that crap when the Air Force gives you so much more benefits and less crap?

My great uncle had a maid who slept with the brother of an AF dude..
We could take his word for what it is or we could listen to..well someone AD AF like PJ..:roll:

I once saw an airplane fly under a bridge...On TV...I think that is what they do in the Air Force.

//KJ.

Back