Need a graphics card for Rome TW

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
Hey just can't stand not having this game anymore, or my old rig to run it.

I am going to get Rome Total war back, but the good news is that the requirements for great graphics are easier to achieve with cheaper graphics cards today.

I am looking to buy a NEW card for the game, since it was released in 2004 I can allow myself to budget to less than 100 bucks.

Any and all recommendations for good graphics cards are welcome thanks.

I am assuming you mean you have a budget of around $100 for a new video card in which case I would look at either the Nvidia GTX460Ti or the GTX550Ti, Newegg had the 460 for around $100 which apparently has better performance than the 550.

I am a fan of Nvidia because I think their support is better than ATI and I have had a bad run with ATI drivers although I do like the ATI cards.

I am assuming you mean you have a budget of around $100 for a new video card in which case I would look at either the Nvidia GTX460Ti or the GTX550Ti, Newegg had the 460 for around $100 which apparently has better performance than the 550.

I am a fan of Nvidia because I think their support is better than ATI and I have had a bad run with ATI drivers although I do like the ATI cards.

Yep, the GTX460 is your best bet.

I've got a GTX 280 you can have if you want it. I was playing Shogun on high settings with it, Rome would be a joke. It has around the same performance as the 460 from what i've read. The only real drawback is it doesn't have DX11.

You will need a PCIE slot and a beefy PSU to run it. Pay for the shipping and it's yours.

Comparison - http://www.hwcompare.com/8271/geforce-gtx-280-vs-geforce-gtx-460-1gb/

Last edited:
That's something along the lines I am looking for, something to excell at running it, so I can have the brush and shadows of the units as well as not slowing down on siege battles when I scroll over buildings.

Back