Need Advice.

axxe

I'm turning 17 soon, and I'm going to talk to a recruiter on my birthday to see if I can go to Bootcamp as soon as possible. Would I be able to go my Junior-Senior summer, or would i have to wait? Also, I have been working out with one of my friends who knows how to get me about three times as strong four times as fast. Would anyone know how I can prepare myself the best to get ready for Bootcamp? I;m joining the Marines, if that helps with your answers. Thanks to anyone who can give me something.

You'll be given a test to see which jobs (MOS) you qualify to choose. It would be smart to study for this. I'm not sure about the age requirements but you will need your high school diploma. If any of this iinformation is incorrect, your recruiter will be happy to help you. Good luck.

There used to be a split option reservist contract that allowed you to do that. Talk to a recruiter.

There used to be a split option reservist contract that allowed you to do that. Talk to a recruiter.

I'll confirm that there used to be a split option and strongly agree that you should talk to a recruiter.

Get the best deal you can for yourself.

Just whatever you do, do not trust your recruiter when it comes to the contents of the contract. Get it checked out with people who would know... like people who are active duty Marines or Marines who just got out of the service.

Back