Need advice

FutureArmyDiver

I joined, I did my MEPS, have my MOS and everything. During the Questioning, i honestly forgot that I had my front tooth temporarily replaced. I want to tell them what happend, but I dont know how to do it, would they not let me join? it doesnt affect me at all.

I had it replaced many years ago, and it slipped my minde, now i cant stop worrying about, will there be a chance for me to tell at the reception or no ?

Call your recruiter, tell him you forgot to mention it since you have had no problems with it and ask him how to proceed.
You might be forced to have a dentist look at it and sign off on it.

If there is a risk of airpockets in your replacement it´s better to find out and have it fixed now then at 40some meters depth.
The pressures at that depth can be quite unforgiving.

I personally doubt it is an issue, but better to be safe, you don´t want to start any diveschool already behind.

Get to it.
//KJ.

Last edited:
Either way you should check with a dentist, (if you haven't already) - airpockets in natural teeth do occur, and as far as I've heard from fellow divers (not diving in the military, but just as a hobby) it should be very painful having a tooth go *crack* while diving - but of course the guys I know dive with Nitrox and/or Trimix, so they can reach the depths of 75+ meters, and I don't know how deep you'll be diving. But in any case - you should check with a dentist.

Call your recruiter, tell him you forgot to mention it since you have had no problems with it and ask him how to proceed.
You might be forced to have a dentist look at it and sign off on it.

If there is a risk of airpockets in your replacement it´s better to find out and have it fixed now then at 40some meters depth.
The pressures at that depth can be quite unforgiving.

I personally doubt it is an issue, but better to be safe, you don´t want to start any diveschool already behind.

Get to it.
//KJ.

Will I have to get it fixed on my own, or would the Army pay for it once I enroll ? because I do need to get it capped, the temporary fix was supposed to break off about 5 months ago.

Will I have to get it fixed on my own, or would the Army pay for it once I enroll ? because I do need to get it capped, the temporary fix was supposed to break off about 5 months ago.

Ask your recruiter.
I doubt the Army wants to pay for damage you had to your teeth before enlisting but I am not sure on this therefor.
Ask your recruiter.

//KJ.

Back