Need Advice/ Help

:)marine-girl16:)

I need help from anyone. Im a 16 year old girl and a sophmore in high school. My high school doesn't currently offer any military info or classes i could take. I would like to join the marines or the air force. any info would be helpful thank you.

You don't need classes to join any branch of the service. You simply contact a recruiter, announce your intention to join, pass the background check, pass the physical, sign to a contract and an MOS (Military Occupational Specialty), and go and do your agreement.

What is it, exactly, you would like to do in the military?

i would like to join the marines or the air force. how would i go about contacting a recruiter?

If you can't figure that out, I have no time to help you.

The military rewards self-starters. The last thing we need is another REMF looking for others to carry their weight.

I hate to be rude, but my daughter figured it out all on her own.

You're 16. Stay in school, and at 18 call a recruiter and ask your questions. Between then and now, figure out exactly what you want to do. Every branch of service has literally hundreds, if not thousands, of jobs. Each job is unique, but each overlaps. You need to do some research.

Once you have a specific job in mind, EG: Computer Control or Fire Support or Mechanic, then, and only then, can you look into which branch offers you the best opportunities. Until then, it is saber rattling: almost everyone wants the prestige of the military namesake, but it just isn't that simple. You are talking about giving up 8 years of your life.

Consider what you want to do, complete some research, make a decision, and then use a phone book to discuss your options with recruiters.

I would add that you be leery of recruiters and promises - take an adult with you. You might find an honest one or you might find one looking to make quota. It is not so much that recruiters are dishonest as that the job exerts considerable pressure on them. You might also find several ASBAV practice tests. While not the only measurement, a great ASBAV score can only help.

Back